Still having problems with ear sensor

arm33n

Reaction score
I called verizon to see what was going on with my phone. My main problems are with the ear sensor, while I am on a phone conversation throughout the day, It tends push the mute button while I am on my phone and sometimes while I have the phone to my ear it dials numbers. My other problem I have been having is that sometimes when I take off the phone from my ear, the screen doesn't come back on and i cannot do anything till the other person hangs up!? I called verizon and the respresentative expected me to force the problem upon my phone but i cant do that, it happens a lot when I am on a regular phone conversation during the day. I have warranty on my phone and all I am trying to do is get a replacement phone because it is turning out to be a big problem for me. Anyone else having this issue? or has issues with verizon tech support? I don't understand how much further troubleshooting can go for when it's clearly a defected phone.

richrcp

Reaction score
arm33n,

Having the same issue with the screen not coming on with my Droid. Called Tech Support and they wanted me to adjust my screen timeout which is clearly not the problem. Was hoping this was a known issue and would be fixed with the next software upgrade????????

Silver Member
Reaction score
the proximity sensor is very sensitive during a call. be sure to avoid hitting the power button to put the display to sleep and keep the phone on your ear while talking.

i have had issues where the screen doesn't always wake up, but the power button will always turn it back on.

i have never had any issues with buttons being pressed while against my face.

while you have it against your face during a call, do you see that the screen is on?

OP
arm33n

arm33n

Reaction score
No, thats the thing, I will be on a phone call for a while, and it will start going crazy and it presses different button on the call screen. And at times I cant even hang up my phone. Like I said, the rep was basically saying try to "force" it to happen in safe mode and guess what it, I still have the same problem, they said that they will call me but they haven't and they said we have to further troubleshoot it, clearly a hard reset won't fix anything.