Still a newb and still have questions

coolbreez

Reaction score
I was using the GPS feature and I think it's set to shortest distance, is there a way to change it to fastest time?

Thanks again.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, no -- But with the traffic integration, I belive the app is smart enough to give you the fastest time.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
After double checking with my DX...I would have to agree with LtKen above...the Google Maps app along with the Navigation app will default to the quickest/shortest route available...according to the maps.

Now, you and I and everyone else knows that not always are maps and GPS`s cognizant of ALL traffic data for a given route...I know for a fact that I can drive my route to work in 50 minutes...but Navigation says it will take 1hr15mins to make that trip...:)

But, you can get the Navigation to give you alternate routes that let you decide knowing the roads better, which is truly the quickest route...

OP
C

coolbreez

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I guess I was hoping the Nav on the X would be like the Garmin I have. I can set it up to take the shortest route or the fastest. I can get to work taking a longer way but its all freeway and the X wants to send me the shorter (distance) way but longer time.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I ran into that on Christmas eve. we got detoured due to the snow. and the X nav took us thru these little cobble roads. Not that we could see the road through the snow. but no alternate routes like I am use to with the nav system in my car.

need to find something new!