sticky backing for the Droid

Reaction score
One thing I would like to see for the Droid (if it does not already exist) is some type of backing you can put on the phone to make it less slippery. I am always worried it will slide out of my hand.

I would be interested in something that can be put on the phone and still be used with the car dock and home docking station

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Several companies (such as Zagg) sell full-body screen protectors for the Droid. You can order that and just not use the part that goes over the screen if you don't like screen protectors. That should make it less slippery.

sir

Reaction score
there's got to be some sort of sticker that's made from rubber that you can put on it - i just wasn't able to find any very quickly on the Intertubes.

Mmracing

Reaction score
I have the body glove case and it has a rubber texture to it. It won't slip out of your hand but it does make it harder to get in and out of your pocket. Some people say the body glove makes the phone much thicker... It does make the phone thicker but I don't consider it "much", and the protection it provides the phone is well worth it.

jkayner

Reaction score
I use clear contact paper (stuff that you can use in your cabinets). You can just cut out the shape you want and then peel and stick. The adhesive is sticky enough that it will not peel off, but it does not leave residue behind either. It's not perfetly clear, more like translucent, but it doesn't look terrible to me, especially since it's only on the back. It is slightly more grippy than the stock coating also. As a plus, the battery door can't come off now either! Will try to post a picture.

Last edited:

BCrawford

Reaction score
I use clear contact paper (stuff that you can use in your cabinets). You can just cut out the shape you want and then peel and stick. The adhesive is sticky enough that it will not peel off, but it does not leave residue behind either. It's not perfetly clear, more like translucent, but it doesn't look terrible to me, especially since it's only on the back. It is slightly more grippy than the stock coating also. As a plus, the battery door can't come off now either! Will try to post a picture.

Just hope you don't have to do any hard reseting and your set.....

synctek

Reaction score
Ghost Armor will do the trick.....The full body armor is added to the battery cover as well so almost every centimeter is covered. The Droid is nice and sticky and safe from normal phone abuse!!