status bar background pngs

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
so I was on froyo with smoked glass theme. Now I reflashed another froyo rom and I do not want an entire theme just the smoked or even black status bar. I have switch the ongs files for the clock and the drop down for notifications but I am not sure which or how many files there are that I need to replace for the white status bar with the black background.
I pulled my framework and I am going to insert my status bar pngs but I dont know exactly which ones i need to replace for this can anyoen tell me which ones please?
( i tried to search and everything I found is an entire theme or the entire framework so I would just like to swapt ou the files)

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Uh you just delete the ones with the same name...lol

OP
A

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
Uh you just delete the ones with the same name...lol

uh ya think. I know how to do it Im sayign which ones are they because some different stuff has different names. like the battery icons has like 14 png files so im sure there a few different ones i would need to replace. and like if you want to change pngs in the lock screen the lock screen has pngs in the drawable-hdpi and drawable-land-hdpi and alot of the stuff has different names so i want to make sure i kown all the ones im going to replace.

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
i would also like to know which files to replace for just the black notification bar and black pull down with transparent background

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I haven't had a chance to check out froyo yet, but I'm assuming they didn't completely rename all the image files. Look in framework.apk/res/drawable-hdpi. You'll find most of them start with statusbar or status_bar also title_bar_portrait.9.png shows where it says no notifications or whatever...hope this helps

OP
A

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
I found out the status bar is statusbar_background.9.png (thats the one i was looking for) and i know these ones change the drop down
the one to change the backdrop in notifications like behind the words is this status_bar_item_background_normal.9.png
and the one that you change for under the words/like if you want a droid popping from the corner or some other pic is this
status_bar_background.png

OP
A

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
i would also like to know which files to replace for just the black notification bar and black pull down with transparent background

if your running froyo i just swapped out some of the images from an update.zip with the smoked glass bar and black pull down in notifications if you want it let me know.its worked great since i asked these questions last night.
Im also going to throw together some other stuff in there like white round battey or maybe red not sure yet and maybe some icon changes.I'm not sure yet but let me know

istolvampire

Reaction score

if your running froyo i just swapped out some of the images from an update.zip with the smoked glass bar and black pull down in notifications if you want it let me know.its worked great since i asked these questions last night.
Im also going to throw together some other stuff in there like white round battey or maybe red not sure yet and maybe some icon changes.I'm not sure yet but let me know

If this will work on a motorola droid running Froyo and it ONLY replaces the notification bar and pull down the I would very much like to have it if you don't mind. My Droid is working great so I don't really want to load a whole new Rom. This is all I need to complete the masterpiece. I know some others who would like it as well. Will give you every bit of the credit you deserve. Thanks

Do I need to send you a pm with my email or can you just post a link here?

edit: thanks ACT

Last edited:

colinab812

Reaction score
Can I get that too? The file for just the black status bar and background?