Start up failed

Jibberishballr

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G6
Hey Everyone!

Looking for the best place to start here. I did some Googling and became further confused. Wondering what's the best way to solve this (ideally without a hacky workaround).

eItAz1tR9WllkkR3GkXpVDvebp78cmiVp4F3i01hIXgINYG8pY8pV3Kt1UYBBNgTRYJysmGUn8sYltkl4P8jexItOmCu0p5Fg9pS86Zf5zfp6U2PHi1eGWCqRe57iPE1ghNn6E4xK_ZLW3LKlzNqt1Ihs0OMFgfkWYkpvP-2LCJzN0-ZPp7uKrr-wKvrx2wHlyfbzoUzNPA1bey9HKAPEVkmpNHhcht_3y4bzj2eXznVSHLV6c6pKmG97MSuvHn50NH9KHBW_K5wTQluHCYFycdXAz83UyQZwhF1b089On13I9p87UrdRSaNQZ3XCbO9Gsp-opzJS2dtXJVI8asy4s9qPYSFJaCyTBUGN3VCPuPfKSuhy2fOcIgGMrl0B3i7QhEupDAa25UKH-4mSUf6RXUJ1mgfZUi_ioRejGoPCVA6fEZ20Zru7uA1qXiHX_Ux1Vebr4FbpjjibFk_zb7tsU9yQXCPVYC7huJG7lhrRjD8GPlTzEi588YeH3Z2BRs0k1pFCIKsNdTlEVSSSVtQ1lZLjU4ooKTSIT5g9b2TS_ThYHUvonw5Z65cOcFJaJAgxIUhmP3bHF5Z2S-2gJm4w2LYkOnHWjv6liRdSaLTj6mPO8rW5gR8cL2nnoyULDXFU9o_vp6mssf83WR0mtEew6qjJeqAW5VyGiwND7OiMM6mr9A6xxS4O1KdsTWMV54=w579-h771-no

I'm unable to boot into my OS on my phone and any options within the bootloader (black screen) don't work and clicking them just gets me back to this screen. From googling it looks like I'll have to flash it in some way (which is a bummer and I don't have much experience with).

I also get something that says "Failed to verify hab image boot " and "failed to validate boot image" when attempting to go to recovery mode.

Phone is a Moto G6, OS was Pie I believe. No firmware or any weird software installed prior and this came out of nowhere (my kid had the phone for 5 mins and I ended up on this screen).

Help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I saw that the folks at Android Central recommended the Verizon Software Assistant, which is designed to repair situations like this. Other than that, there may not be much else to suggest?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jibberishballr

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G6
I saw that the folks at Android Central recommended the Verizon Software Assistant, which is designed to repair situations like this. Other than that, there may not be much else to suggest?

Thanks. Yes, I tried that but the assistant just sits there on "processing device information." It's an unlocked phone so I'm thinking that the Verizon specific software might not be the solution..I don't have Verizon (if that matters).

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks. Yes, I tried that but the assistant just sits there on "processing device information." It's an unlocked phone so I'm thinking that the Verizon specific software might not be the solution..I don't have Verizon (if that matters).
Oh....that does make a big difference. Lenova (the parent company of Motorola) also offers a Lenova Software Repair Assistant for all unlocked phones. It's similar things the Verizon version, designed to repair corrupt software on your phone. Try searching for that online, download it your laptop and follow the on screen instructions to try and repair the software on your phone