Star Hunt Officially Released!

iPirate

Reaction score
My group just finished our first game! We think it is a great game, it runs on Android(1.6+) enabled devices and the goal is to use the accelerometer to move the player's ball and collect all the stars. There are "enemy" balls and other obstacles that will make collecting all the stars a challenge. dancedroid

A short story behind the game:

The stars have been knocked from the sky and have fallen all across the land. Your job is to collect the stars and return them to the sky. Avoid the evil balls that knocked them from the sky and be quick, the stars are losing their glow!

Below I've posted several images from the game and barcodes that can be scanned for quick access to try the game out or buy it! :)

Please give it a try! Tell your friends, rate it, leave comments and feel free to leave comments here. We are always looking for ways to improve the game and make it better.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

full.jpg
lite.jpg

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
nice job congrats : )

I moved to game section for maximum exposure.

Best of luck and congratulation

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not bad, pretty fun. Only major suggestion would be a calibrator allowing the user to set the default axis (i.e. I NEVER use mine when I'm standing, normally laying on the couch or in my recliner so having to hold the phone on a 'normal' axis is just to annoying).

J

Johnly

I will try it out. Reminds me of some old school stuff. my daughter will prolly like it more than me...hehe
(not a huge game player)
She can be the judge

OP
I

iPirate

Reaction score
Not bad, pretty fun. Only major suggestion would be a calibrator allowing the user to set the default axis (i.e. I NEVER use mine when I'm standing, normally laying on the couch or in my recliner so having to hold the phone on a 'normal' axis is just to annoying).

Makes sense, it has been added to the todo list,thanks!

J

Johnly

My group just finished our first game! We think it is a great game, it runs on Android(1.6+) enabled devices and the goal is to use the accelerometer to move the player's ball and collect all the stars. There are "enemy" balls and other obstacles that will make collecting all the stars a challenge. dancedroid

A short story behind the game:

The stars have been knocked from the sky and have fallen all across the land. Your job is to collect the stars and return them to the sky. Avoid the evil balls that knocked them from the sky and be quick, the stars are losing their glow!

Below I've posted several images from the game and barcodes that can be scanned for quick access to try the game out or buy it! :)

Please give it a try! Tell your friends, rate it, leave comments and feel free to leave comments here. We are always looking for ways to improve the game and make it better.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

full.jpg
lite.jpg
How about threading one in the game section too (may be a game loving ghost in there that would search there first?)

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

Makes sense, it has been added to the todo list,thanks!

Cool, can't wait.

OP
I

iPirate

Reaction score
Only one user requested improvement, I didn't think we did that good of a job: P

MarkDF

Reaction score
Just downloaded it to give a try.

I had some problems with the accelerometer movement. Laying flat the marble moved up the screen. Perhaps a calibration problem with my unit, but running Tricorder shows all is ok with the accelerometers.

Also, the movement seemed a little stilted. The ball doesn't really seem to obey gravity all that well and has no inertia or momentum. Correcting the physics of the marble would do wonders for the "feel" of the game.

Enjoyed the levels I went through, and will do more.