Stagefright questions

shocka2430

Reaction score
Ok so my music wouldnt play when I had stagefright set to false, so I enabled stagefright in the build prop rebooted and now my music works, but now my camera wont save a picture when i take it just sits at the picture and i cant play videos with youtube mobile. So does anybody have some way to get my music to play with stagefright disabled so i can use my camera and youtube.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've heard of opencore having problems with youtube and such, but not stagefright. Did you apply the stagefright fix?

OP
shocka2430

shocka2430

Reaction score
Just edited the build prop to say true and rebooted. When I make it say false my music won't play. Its weird, I'm surprised that nobody else is having trouble.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
shocka2430

shocka2430

Reaction score
So should I just apply the stagefright fix instead of editing the buildprop.

OP
shocka2430

shocka2430

Reaction score
Anybody? Need my camera in the morning gonna have a baby and need it take some pics. If not I could just write and go fresh I guess.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anybody? Need my camera in the morning gonna have a baby and need it take some pics. If not I could just write and go fresh I guess.

Congratulations! Honestly, for now I'd just find some build, maybe stock froyo, where camera can be relied upon. We can address these issues later.

OP
shocka2430

shocka2430

Reaction score
Thanks. Well I can just disable stagefright and it should work. I just checked on my friends phone that I rooted and put sapphire on and stagefright disabled and his camera works. I just wanted stagefright enabled for the music tonight while im at work. I hadnt heard anything about camera problems so I figured maybe somebody else had trouble and got theirs fixed.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Well I can just disable stagefright and it should work. I just checked on my friends phone that I rooted and put sapphire on and stagefright disabled and his camera works. I just wanted stagefright enabled for the music tonight while im at work. I hadnt heard anything about camera problems so I figured maybe somebody else had trouble and got theirs fixed.

I honestly don't know, you are actually the first I've heard report camera troubles with respect to stagefright, which I wouldn't think would have any effect on the camera anyway. Since stagefright has been "fixed", it will be enabled again in the next sapphire release.

Good luck tomorrow...I've done that twice now, moments you'll never forget. :)

OP
shocka2430

shocka2430

Reaction score
Thanks for the help man. I just turned stagefright off and it still didn't work, so I'm just going to do a fresh install and then check it. Yea gotta love it third times a charm for me lol.

mjones73

Reaction score
There's two parts to enabling stagefright, applying the patch google released then setting it to enabled. It's never impacted my camera on or off though.

OP
shocka2430

shocka2430

Reaction score
Yup its definitely not stagefright, sorry for lying lol. I re flashed with wipe and stilL didn't work. Then restored a backup from a week ago and still nothing. Someone is having the same problem in the rescue squad section and he was on cmrc3.

OP
shocka2430

shocka2430

Reaction score
Here's a logcat for anyone who knows anything about them that could help.

Attachments

• alogcat.2010-08-22-23-10-29-0400.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 328
OP
shocka2430

shocka2430

Reaction score
LogCat. Error status.

Attachments

• alogcat.2010-08-23-01-26-53-0400.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 334