SS4.1 "Download Unsuccessful" in Android Market

EverMindful

Reaction score
I just installed SS 4.1. When trying to reinstall my applications through the Market, the only ones so far that I have been able to download are ROM Manager and the premium key for ROM Manager.

All others hang on 0% for a few seconds, and then I get a "Download Unsuccessful" notification.

Anyone know of a fix? I've done some searching around here, but the only suggested fix I could find on the net was clearing data from the Download Manager. That did not work.

Perhaps my search terms are not effective.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just installed SS 4.1. When trying to reinstall my applications through the Market, the only ones so far that I have been able to download are ROM Manager and the premium key for ROM Manager.

All others hang on 0% for a few seconds, and then I get a "Download Unsuccessful" notification.

Anyone know of a fix? I've done some searching around here, but the only suggested fix I could find on the net was clearing data from the Download Manager. That did not work.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/54230-market-issues-again.html

A bunch of folks can't download from the market right now, so it most likely is not your phone. hang tight.

JP 5.56

Reaction score

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/54230-market-issues-again.html

A bunch of folks can't download from the market right now, so it most likely is not your phone. hang tight.

Yep, looks like a lot of folks on various roms are experiencing the same problem. It really sucks when it starts up in between wiping/flashing new roms and you can't get your apps.

OP
E

EverMindful

Reaction score
Suddenly able to download, so it must have been a market problem. Thanks for linking me to that information! Horrendous timing. Haha.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Suddenly able to download, so it must have been a market problem. Thanks for linking me to that information! Horrendous timing. Haha.

Yeah the timing was horrible. I actually flashed a rom three times before I figgered out what was going on. lol

gorechick

Reaction score
New user with unsuccessful install issues...

Is anyone still experiencing this problem? I've been trying to install CurveFish's OnOff widgets for the last 2-3 days...and now I see that those aren't the only ones I'm not able to install. They fail so quickly it's difficult to tell what's going on.

Any news or advice is greatly appreciated!

-gorechick
Galaxy S 2.1

Coolsaber57

Reaction score
Is anyone still experiencing this problem? I've been trying to install CurveFish's OnOff widgets for the last 2-3 days...and now I see that those aren't the only ones I'm not able to install. They fail so quickly it's difficult to tell what's going on.

Any news or advice is greatly appreciated!

-gorechick
Galaxy S 2.1

You may get a better response in the Galaxy S forums, but have you tried clearing the data from the Market?

gorechick

Reaction score
Oh, sorry for forum-crashing...

I just cleared my Market cache, but still same behavior. I'll research some more, but this seems to be an old issue...not many users posting on it since early July, so this may just be a personal problem. >.>

Thanks,
gorechick

brad r

Reaction score
Try uninstalling using settings > applications and then reinstalling from market. I have been getting this problem off and on and that is how I fix it.