SS GB 5.00 is Ready! - 2/11/11

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Chevy I have to say you and your team really have something great going here!! I've been away from ss for a while but I'm glad I grabbed gb 5.00... can't wait to see what you have in store next!!

Btw I'm always open for some testing dancedroid

Thanks! Lots more coming in 5.01 - which should be soon!

silent_bob

Reaction score
Keep getting this error

error writing bootscript aborted: assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot")
assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot")
E:Error in /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/chevyno1.richstevenson.com/gingerbread/5.00/SS-GB-5.00-update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
Failure at line 8:
install_zip SDCARD:/clockworkmod/download/chevyno1.richstevenson.com/gingerbread/5.00/SS-GB-5.00-update.zip

Any idea of what I might be doing wrong? I have wiped everything but still is not working on og droid.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Really download the zip to your PC. Don't use rom manager.

Then read sticky on installation. Format boot and format system. I use clockworkmod recovery. U can also flash spr and back to cwm recoveries and then follow the install guide. Let us know what happens after that

sent from a loaded Droid

silent_bob

Reaction score
Downloaded to my pc and moved it to my sd card, followed the sticky on installation and am still getting the error. I have even tried to name the file to just "update" and still will not work.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Downloaded to my pc and moved it to my sd card, followed the sticky on installation and am still getting the error. I have even tried to name the file to just "update" and still will not work.

Sounds like recovery issues. Did you try flashing alternative recovery and then try?

sent from a loaded Droid

silent_bob

Reaction score
Yep I have tried that also. I really think that it is just for me to not have this rom :sad:

erox76

Reaction score
Chevy I have to say you and your team really have something great going here!! I've been away from ss for a while but I'm glad I grabbed gb 5.00... can't wait to see what you have in store next!!

Oh btw just started noticing that i get quite a bit of lag from time to time (5-10 secs) returning to home screen (adw) from any number of apps or just unlocking (slider freezes)...
This happens at least 3-5 times a day...Compache is enabled and no reboots other than when i turned it on!! and also running lv 1.1 kernal
Didnt know if the rom is still settling in (3 days now) or if this was something fixed in 5.01...

Hell even with the minor issues this is by far the tightest/fastest rom available...and ive tried everything i could find (been stuck in bed for a week with a back injury, i do have a life)

Bring it on Chevy...beers coming your way on payday

Last edited:

Sorcerer

Reaction score

Oh btw just started noticing that i get quite a bit of lag from time to time (5-10 secs) returning to home screen (adw) from any number of apps or just unlocking (slider freezes)...
This happens at least 3-5 times a day...Compache is enabled and no reboots other than when i turned it on!! and also running lv 1.1 kernal
Didnt know if the rom is still settling in (3 days now) or if this was something fixed in 5.01...

Hell even with the minor issues this is by far the tightest/fastest rom available...and ive tried everything i could find (been stuck in bed for a week with a back injury, i do have a life)

Heres the fix for your re-draw/Lag issue:
In Terminal:
su
echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop
reboot

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
error writing bootscript aborted: assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot")
assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot")
E:Error in /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/chevyno1.richstevenson.com/gingerbread/5.00/SS-GB-5.00-update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
Failure at line 8:
install_zip SDCARD:/clockworkmod/download/chevyno1.richstevenson.com/gingerbread/5.00/SS-GB-5.00-update.zip

Any idea of what I might be doing wrong? I have wiped everything but still is not working on og droid.

Did you wipe boot as well? From what I understand - the problem is not enough space available for the kernel - wipe just the boot, and try again. Let me know!

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Glad you are liking it! As far as the lag - did you try the suggestion on HOME_APP_ADJ? That will be builtin on the next build ...

Hockey

Reaction score
Okay I'm new to this. Actually very new I've had my phone rooted for about a month. Installed 4.96 last night. Up to 5.0 just a bit ago. I cannot figure out how to overclock it through this though? I've looked through the folder but don't see anything? I liked 4.96 it gave me the option when I installed it.

Like I said, I'm brand new to this. I do love it

The only /data/ folder I found is through the file manager and under that is app and lib...

Last edited:

tbone73

Reaction score
Okay I'm new to this. Actually very new I've had my phone rooted for about a month. Installed 4.96 last night. Up to 5.0 just a bit ago. I cannot figure out how to overclock it through this though? I've looked through the folder but don't see anything? I liked 4.96 it gave me the option when I installed it.

The only /data/ folder I found is through the file manager and under that is app and lib...
You can over clock by checking the box in Chevy Tools. Or get setCPU.

Hockey

Reaction score

You can over clock by checking the box in Chevy Tools. Or get setCPU.
I did check it. But I can't find the /data/ part that he mentioned. I've looked in every /data/ folder under File Manager and nothing is there. I have Droid Overclock but for some reason thats not working right now...