SS 4.x - bkapps and rstapps - What R They?

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
There is no connection to the market for these scripts - it backs up what it sees on your phone at that moment ...

For now, the rstapps script will stay a part of SS - I may consider opening it up at some later point - for now though, it is ( and was ) developed to draw people to my ROM ... I'm sure that makes sense (much like I doubt Pete will be handing me over his toolbox, or JRummy his GUI interface to his scripts).

Uglymouse

Reaction score
I run the bkapps -c and I get a awk: not found [: not found ... It creates a Simply Stunning folders, but they are all empty. What am I doing wrong?

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I run the bkapps -c and I get a awk: not found [: not found ... It creates a Simply Stunning folders, but they are all empty. What am I doing wrong?

It seems your ROM (whatever you are running) has not setup busybox correctly ... run the command below and see if you see what I see:

ls -l /system/bin/awk

-rwxr-xr-x root shell 1120536 2008-08-01 12:00 awk

Fault

Reaction score
I think I may be having a problem where its only backing up whats on the SD card, not the other folder

Uglymouse

Reaction score

It seems your ROM (whatever you are running) has not setup busybox correctly ... run the command below and see if you see what I see:

ls -l /system/bin/awk

-rwxr-xr-x root shell 1120536 2008-08-01 12:00 awk

Thanks. I set up busybox and everything worked out.

jchavez

Reaction score
where is all this backed up? and if you loose your rom and restart the phone in recovery mod, how will you run the restore operation?

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
where is all this backed up? and if you loose your rom and restart the phone in recovery mod, how will you run the restore operation?

Everything is backed up to SD - and you cannot restore your apps via rstapps from recovery - a valid ROM would have to be flashed first. rstapps only restores market apps not the ROM itself.

Coolsaber57

Reaction score
Any chance of you making this installable?

I'm on ss 4.0, and I don't believe that you had these scripts back then.

Maybe through pm? I just want to upgrade to 4.3 but don't want to lose all my settings/accounts.

Thanks!

captdroid

Reaction score

Maybe through pm? I just want to upgrade to 4.3 but don't want to lose all my settings/accounts.

Thanks!

I used Titanium backup to restore apps/data. Did individually for each app I wanted to restore and worked fine. Took a bit for all the apps to show up on the market 'downloaded' but they all did. Titanium Free is preloaded in SS 4.3.

gan777

Reaction score

Thanks!

BKAPPS is installable, click on the download link for SS 4.3 and you will see it in the index. Install using ROM Manager or update.zip method with SPR. Its RSTAPPS that you can only use with SS, for obvious reasons.

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Thanks!

BKAPPS is installable, click on the download link for SS 4.3 and you will see it in the index. Install using ROM Manager or update.zip method with SPR. Its RSTAPPS that you can only use with SS, for obvious reasons.

That's right, thx for helping :)

Coolsaber57

Reaction score

Thanks!

Oh snap! Thanks for the tip, and thank you Chevyno1 for the ROM, kernel, and scripts!

On to 4.3 dancedroid

OGMCVilleTC

Reaction score
Would be really sweet if rstapps could be used with any rom. Any chance of that happening?

joebetsill

Reaction score
Quick Question: Why doesn't rstapps work with "Better Terminal Emulator" from the Market? It insists that all the backed up apps are corrupt, but if I use "Terminal Emulator" it works just fine.

tktouch12

Reaction score
I'M SORRY IF THIS HAS BEEN ASKED,,:
can i put this scripts into another rom (ie, Bugless .4) and execute them to backup my things? then i could restore them with another rom or not?

sorry if its been asked