SS 4.95 Unthemed problem

Dyzturbd

Reaction score
Hi all. I downloaded SS4.95 unthemed and anytime I plug in a usb cable, it kicks out to the boot animation and just bootloops. It doesn't even let the animation finish! Any ideas?

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hi all. I downloaded SS4.95 unthemed and anytime I plug in a usb cable, it kicks out to the boot animation and just bootloops. It doesn't even let the animation finish! Any ideas?

Have you tried a wipe? Have only heard of this happening to a couple of folks ...

OP
D

Dyzturbd

Reaction score
Yes, multiple wipes. The themed SS4.95 works fine, but for some reason the unthemed just doesn't like me :(

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yes, multiple wipes. The themed SS4.95 works fine, but for some reason the unthemed just doesn't like me :(

That is certainly odd - as one would expect, the only differences between the two is the color scheme - programming is identical!

OP
D

Dyzturbd

Reaction score
That's what I thought. I was attempting to make my own theme by editing the pngs within the framework-res.apk (going for a black and white theme) by just greyscaling them and then darkening and lightening them. I added the apps directory from the unthemed update and it started to crash again. I'm a noob when it comes to theming, so it may have just been something I did wrong.