SS 4.2 is up on Rom Manager!

RedBull

Reaction score
For some reason, I can not flash to it. Since Froyo...I've had to flash to someone else's rom entirely, just to go to a rom that I want. Right now I'm flashing a different one and waiting to see if it works, then I'll try Chevy's. Dunno what is up with that though. It's like Froyo doesn't wanna be overwritten...

OP
ratboy3124

ratboy3124

Reaction score
Is this from the aosp source?

Doesn't say on Twitter or in the description in Rom Manager. I assume it is tho, but will wait until Chevy officially posts here and lets us know himself. If it is I will be running it.

CLShade

Reaction score
Wow. That was a painless, fast install. Coming from Sapphire 0.6.0, though, so no need to wipe/reinstall all the apps.

edit- and so far 4.2 isn't giving me the wifi dropouts that 4.1 was. Nice. That's always been my issue with the leaked Froyo ROM's.

Last edited:

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
S.S 4.2 is Awsome

I love this new rom ...In my opinion this is possibly the smoothest running froyo Rom s.s 4.2 has noticeable script changes for running a 1ghz kernel it is blazing fast I might try to flash the kernel to 1.2ghz but right now I am happy with this 1 ghz kernel I came from the ONIX ROM with no system wipe !!!!!!!

Faster install ....Faster Reboot runs really smooth Easiest rom change for froyo by far.......

razgueado

Reaction score
The easiest wipe install I've ever done, and I've done a bunch. BKAPPS and RSTAPPS worked flawlessly. Running 1.2 GHz, with no issues for two hours of heavy use.

Tornado Rex

Reaction score
Working flawlessly for me as well. Though rstapps didn't work but I think I saw a post about needing to push an update for it to work in 4.2 so not worried about it. Gotta say so far it seems smoother than the 4.1.

Also thanks for including the stock theme Chevy :)

CypherAZ

Reaction score
Hopefully he gets around to a download link in the next couple of hours. dancedroid