Sound profile widget??

Quanius

Reaction score
One of the features I miss from my blackberry is the sound profile button on the screen which with two clicks I could select which customizable sound profile I wanted to use for the situation I was in.. Loud, normal, quiet. It was lengthy to set up but gave the greatest amount of control one could want. A simple widget to replicate this seems like a must have.. Anyone use anything out there similiar?

bigrb9

Reaction score
Quick profiles app is the closest I have found to the.profiles settings on my old curve but still can't find way to have email and text have different notifications

OP
Q

Quanius

Reaction score
Good suggestion. There is also a pay add called profile from noimandroid.com that looks fairly decent. I think once the app developers have some time to work with the droid2 we may see some of the unique features we are looking for.

chrisusa96

Reaction score
I installed the quick profile app last night. Comming from the storm 2 I did miss the phone calls only profile for night time. Well this app let me set up that same profile and it works. Last night I did not hear any emails come in but my phone would still ring if there was an emergency.

mindytyson3

Reaction score
i have been using quick profiles for like about a week now and it works great. my husband tried it on his droid 1 but it didn't work on his..ha. not sure why but it didn't but it definitely works on the droid 2.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I just downloaded this and can't really see where it would be useful more than the standard volume settings.

It gives the options of changing the ringer volume and notification volume, etc.
But I don't see where I can set it to let me receive phone calls and text notifications but not emails. Am I missing something?

Currently since I need to be able to get phone calls without being bothered by SMS or email, I just turn the notification volume all the way down.
This doesn't appear to make that any easier.

mindytyson3

Reaction score
oh ok i see what you are talking about. no it doesn't do that sorry. i just looked at that and you can only turn off all notifications instead of just sms. sorry. maybe somebody else will have another app they will share to ya. good luck!