Sound On or Off

flannbarr

Reaction score
I use the volume slider to set my phone to vibrate mode. When my phone goes to sleep and I press the power button to wake it up, the volume button on the screen displays the icon for "sound on". I am confused if my phone is really in vibrate or sound on mode.

pope66682

Reaction score
When you use the slider on the lock/unlock screen, it chages it from to off mode, which mutes everything but alarm. When you slide it back to sound on mode, it changes it back to whatever setting you already had. If you only had vibrate on and no ringer, it will set it back to this

OP
F

flannbarr

Reaction score
I am still confused. I use the slider to unlock the phone but the sound icon looks like the sound is on even though I left the phone in vibrate mode before it went to sleep. What mode is it really in? Is the sound icon deceptive?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Yes, the sound icon is decpetive. Sliding it to the left turns off all sounds (and even vibrate, although I wish it didn't). Sliding it again puts the phone back to where it was before you hit the slider the first time. They don't have an icon for vibrate, so don't pay much attention to what the icon is, just if it is on or off.

heiser

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I think the volume buttons are swithing it from vibrate, to silent or ringer. Is there a way to disable the volume buttons from swithing the "sounds"?

OP
F

flannbarr

Reaction score
So I should leave sound on but change the sound setting to vibrate by using the volume slider if I want vibrate on but no ringer, correct?