Sould i get the droid?

yyhh94

Reaction score
Hi, i'm new to this forum and i just signed up today

Next week ill be switching my phone from the LG Dare, which i personally thought it was a $#%# phone. Whenver i would send pix/flix texts, it lagged so much and the texting was so bad. I hated the keyboard... I'm 16(just turned 16 this feb lol) and i dont have much patience(?) lol. I get/send lots of texts and i go on the internet often to check my facebook and stuff. I also like going on youtube a lot, but the quality of it SUCKS!

so, i was thinking of getting the Droid or the Omnia II, but im more towards the droid.
-is it really worth it?
-hows the internet speed, facebook, youtube quality?
-hows the texting?
-is it good for a 16 yr old guy to have?

can anyone tell me some pros and cons of the droid, and if you guys know any good websites about this phone it would be greatly appreciated! i checked other webs too but i wanted to hear it from you guys.

Also, i heard there's a special promotion from verizon, buy a droid and get one free. Is this true?? :eek: I dont really need two phones so can i just get 1 for half the price?
Is there actually a special reason for this? like maybe an even better phone than the droid coming out in the next few months???

*sorry, if there's a post on this. im new and i couldnt find anywhere on this forum about information on this phone. Thanks! :greendroid:

kevin1016

Reaction score
...i couldnt find anywhere on this forum about information on this phone.
:icon_eek:

Other than my astonishment about that sentence..............get the Droid, you'll love it.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Droid is much better then the omnia imo. It does so much; its worth the investment. 4mnth ago when i had my iphone 3gs and some one showed me their droid i did not think I would be calling the droid the better phone.

OP
Y

yyhh94

Reaction score

Other than my astonishment about that sentence..............get the Droid, you'll love it.

OHHHHHH! LOL i meant like the pros and cons, etc. of it. i saw information on phonedog and other places too but i wanted to actually hear it from people who have this phone

*actually, what im really wondering is do you think this is a good phone for a 16 year old guy? im in high school, sophmore year

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
First, welcome to the forums... :)

Is this phone good for a 16 year old??????? Are you serious?? I only wish I had something this awesome when I was 16!!

Internet, Youtube, Facebook, etc. = lightning fast lol

I will tell you something right now, the Omnia II, Storm 2, etc., do not even reach the same ballpark and as the Droid....seriously, I used to think the same way as you dying for a Storm 2........but have you tried a Droid out yet? Just wait til you do man...

OP
Y

yyhh94

Reaction score
First, welcome to the forums... :)

Is this phone good for a 16 year old??????? Are you serious?? I only wish I had something this awesome when I was 16!!

Internet, Youtube, Facebook, etc. = lightning fast lol

I will tell you something right now, the Omnia II, Storm 2, etc., do not even reach the same ballpark and as the Droid....seriously, I used to think the same way as you dying for a Storm 2........but have you tried a Droid out yet? Just wait til you do man...

lol thanks!!
i actualy did have a chance to try out the droid but i only for liek a minutue. i was able to check out the camera and the texting feature. the text msg was awsome, like how it looks like a conversation lol.
hmmm.... lol i think ill just stick with the droid then. cant wait to get this phone and try it out!!:icon_eek:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

OHHHHHH! LOL i meant like the pros and cons, etc. of it. i saw information on phonedog and other places too but i wanted to actually hear it from people who have this phone

*actually, what im really wondering is do you think this is a good phone for a 16 year old guy? im in high school, sophmore year

The forum will cut you some slack, you are only 16. There are many apps that will help with school work; along with games. Just show the teach some respect its hard to get up their and put up with other people's kids for 8hrs a day. Of course I say that while typing in my college class while my prof is lecturing. But hey its different I can multitask like the droid lol.

Kabizzle

Reaction score
Coming from a fellow high-schooler, this phone does not disappoint at all. Probably the best piece of technology i've ever had, including my xbox :icon_ banana:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah seriously man.....after using the Droid now, when I see other people's phones it's like I just REALLY appreciate what an awesome phone I have in my pocket.....the absolute ONLY other smartphones that could compete with what the Droid is, would be the iPhone (which is nice, and if I was with AT&T I would have one), and the Nexus One (which has basically everything the Droid has to offer but just a little more powerful and on T-Mobile)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Is the Droid for you depends on your needs. If you are looking for a phone that will absolutely blow the doors off any other smartphone, then yes. If, however, you are not wiling to spend time searching, reading, learning, and sharing that perhaps you should consider a different device.

Is this phone good for a 16 year old -- I'm 62 and it astonishes and works for me.

Mike

Droidfish

Reaction score
The cameras OK but not a good as moto made it sound. Aside from that, yes get the stinkin Droid u will not regret it. This device paired with android is the Messiah of smartphones, the potential is limitless. Then again what did u expect to hear asking that question on the forum that bears it's name. Seriously though, get the phone THEN come back to droidforums.net and we'll make sure you're not dissapointed:)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Get the Droid and don't look back; nothing can beat it! Chicks dig Droid dudes....:icon_ lala: