Sooooo....

OZFive

Reaction score
I am hoping that this is incorrect here...

- ShadowROM is delisted from the front page of the forums.

- Their website ShadowROM is gone but a index of files.

Is ShadowROM dead?

mik3_cl

Reaction score
I also would like that info......I'll will be very disappointed if this speculation is true:( I LOVE this devs work! Anyone know whats up with the INSANENEIVIESIS?

T-Dev

Reaction score
saw in IRC lst month they stopped working on the rom. THink Insane was going to build apps moving forward

mik3_cl

Reaction score
BUMMER......I knew billy had moved on, but wasn't sure if Insane was gonna continue the work. His apps will be just as good as his ROMs.

revenge8

Reaction score
I noticed this too.. shadowrom was my go to ROM.. but i guess all good things must come to an end.. good luck to them and heres to finding the next best ROM for my phone (MIUI) haha

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can understand the disappointment folks, but there are many other great ROMs available!

Ruggar

Reaction score
Billygalbreath turned his attention to application development a few weeks ago full time. Last night InsaneNemesis informed me of his decision to discontinue further development of ShadowRom and that he would be returning the development phones to me. The reason being quite simple. He wants to enjoy his last year of high school. This is completely understandable and a decision I fully support. I wouldn't hold your breath for him to get the bug again when new phones start hitting the market either. He was very absolute about unplugging and enjoying life. It was a fun while it lasted.

Billy and Insane are good folks and I wish them the best in the future. I'll try to dig up a link to Billy's first application he put on the Market if you are interested.

Last edited:
OP
O

OZFive

Reaction score
Is it possible for another Dev to take over their project and continue with it?

It was a GREAT ROM and I was looking forward to their ASOP build and later on Gingerbread. It had all the great features I wanted and left nothing out that I ever found myself looking for.

I am not a dev myself, could not code if your life depended on it. Why Your life instead of mine? Heck, I would never put my life on the line with my coding ability!

Ruggar

Reaction score
InsaneNemesis idles in the Cyanogen IRC channel still. At least for now. If you or someone you know is interested then I'd ask him about it. The source may still be available, not 100% sure so someone could keep it going I suppose. One of the great things about SR was that yes they used some of the Cyanogen source they also added a lot of their own code to the project. It wasn't merely a copy and paste or pick and choose change the colors of this to that type ROM. It will be hard to find someone with that same philosophy that wants to branch out on their own to keep it going.