Soon to be Droid owner!

rayjj

Reaction score
My current contract expires May 17, at which time I will move from my very quickly aging BB Curve 8330. This thing is sooo slow! I already ordered up accessories for the Droid so I have everything I need when I do order the phone. I am thinking about the only thing I will miss is my email being pushed to the phone without having to manually check it. I am sure I will get over it pretty quickly though!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My current contract expires May 17, at which time I will move from my very quickly aging BB Curve 8330. This thing is sooo slow! I already ordered up accessories for the Droid so I have everything I need when I do order the phone. I am thinking about the only thing I will miss is my email being pushed to the phone without having to manually check it. I am sure I will get over it pretty quickly though!

ARGH! Waiting is a real drag. Welcome, rayjj! You've made a wise decision and you won't be disappointed in your choice when you finally get your hands on that new Droid! The possibilities are endless for customization. So to take up some time, read, read, and read some more. You'll be amazed at how much you can teach yourself by reading the threads here in the forum! Here's a good one about app recommendations.

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

Enjoy that new toy and try to force yourself to eat and sleep every now and then after it arrives!
:welcome:

OP
R

rayjj

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome AnneDroid. I could get the phone now with an early upgrade, but my wife's phone has to wait till 5/17, so I am holding off to see if I can get a better deal on whatever phone she wants and just do them both at once. I think she is sticking with her BB, she is addicted to it.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome AnneDroid. I could get the phone now with an early upgrade, but my wife's phone has to wait till 5/17, so I am holding off to see if I can get a better deal on whatever phone she wants and just do them both at once. I think she is sticking with her BB, she is addicted to it.

Just so you know, she is going to have some serious Droid envy issues once you get your Droid. There are many reformed Crackberry users here on the forum that made the switch and never looked back. But do whatever it takes to keep the peace! :rofl3:

OP
R

rayjj

Reaction score
We are going to the store to check out all the phones. She is not very good with tech stuff, so NOT getting her a Droid may be the best path towards peace LOL!

Tyrian

Reaction score
The Droid Incredible is coming out at the end of this month so that might also be worth checking out and waiting on...

But THE Droid is definitely the best phone i've ever owned!

OP
R

rayjj

Reaction score
The Droid Incredible is coming out at the end of this month so that might also be worth checking out and waiting on...

But THE Droid is definitely the best phone i've ever owned!

I think I like the idea of a physical keyboard so probably will bypass the Incredible. How much faster is that phone going to be you think? Anything is going to be better than this slow Curve!

OP
R

rayjj

Reaction score
Ah said the hell with it and the wait, ordered the phone last night! Current discounts were due to expire towards the end of the month, so figured I'll do it now and not take the chance of losin the $100 discount that is going on now. So now I better really get going with some reading up this weekend!

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome:

Yeah the waiting game sucks worst than any game on the market :D

You'll learn just about anything you want here. One thing I have yet to find is how to get my 4 and 6 year olds to pick up after themselves.

OP
R

rayjj

Reaction score
You'll learn just about anything you want here. One thing I have yet to find is how to get my 4 and 6 year olds to pick up after themselves.

When you figure that out please let me know, my 4 and 7 year olds have the same issue!

My 7 year old already wants to play with the phone lol.

OP
R

rayjj

Reaction score
YAY DROID IS HERE, DROID IS HERE!!!

Now to start looking for cool apps!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm an former Omiona owner. Thee Droid is th ebest smartphoe I ever used. Phycical kerbeard + big screen ftw.

bassjason

Reaction score
Welcome to the club! I upgraded my BlackBerry to Droid in December - what a difference!