Sony Ericsson Droid... Would You Want It

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
se.jpg
Now I am sure that question is hard to answer, but since we know of one Android device made by them, it should not be.

The Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, the only Android device made by them. This device was announced months, if not year, before it actually made it to the general market. It did not support multi-touch at launch and when it made it to the market... It did not even have Android 2.1, but only 1.6. The companies Windows Phone line has also suffered with every device released... starting with the X1, it was cool, but not enough that people will get passed the small screen, thick body and short battery life. The X2, it was even worse, so I will not talk about it.

Now they are giving up on Symbian and focusing on Android and Windows Phone, how does that sound to you. Would you even consider a Sony Ericsson Droid knowing their passed record for slow updates, bugs, and horrible hardware. Do you think they should even bother with smart phones? Do you hope for a Motorola like second coming for them with Android? Reply and let us know what you think of poor SE.

Giving up story Via: eweek

jbdavies

Reaction score
I love Sony products, but have never played with one of their phones. But I would definitely consider one of the phones if it had Android... and was on Verizon. It seems all of their phones have been GSM.

OP
W

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I love Sony products, but have never played with one of their phones. But I would definitely consider one of the phones if it had Android... and was on Verizon. It seems all of their phones have been GSM.
pst, SE isnt sony..... They dont make sony quality stuff... If they did. They would not be in a Motorola like downward spiral (before Droid). Have yet to see a great device from them.

jbdavies

Reaction score
pst, SE isnt sony..... They dont make sony quality stuff... If they did. They would not be in a Motorola like downward spiral (before Droid). Have yet to see a great device from them.
They're not?! Hmm... interesting. Well, then screw Ericsson. Haha.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have an old Ericsson that I use to transfer phone numbers into the Prius' phone books (I have an '05 so no manual entry and Verizon had prevented OOP at the time). It's nice for that, but that's all I used it for.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope, I've grown a big dislike toward Sony. They're always making propietary shat for their crap and I've had bad experience with their stuff breaking for no reason.

rcjames

Reaction score
Well i went to see that phone on their sony website, very nice but i had a sony laptop and it just over heats, cd burner didn't last that long, and the lettering on the keyboard gets erase fast. But who knows sony do have other great product. I would have faith. But their extremly expensive.

Ving

Reaction score
Sony products ain't that bad to be honest and I would buy another one but for now, I'm happy with my Droid :)

OP
W

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Well i went to see that phone on their sony website, very nice but i had a sony laptop and it just over heats, cd burner didn't last that long, and the lettering on the keyboard gets erase fast. But who knows sony do have other great product. I would have faith. But their extremly expensive.
Sony Ericsson again is not Sony...
If it was, their devices might be better.. but they arent

Sony products ain't that bad to be honest and I would buy another one but for now, I'm happy with my Droid :)

same thing. SE isnt Sony. It just has Sony's name in the first part of it. Its like how you and I make a company together... you do the work, and I watch and let you ride on my popular name to get sales.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They would have to prove they are good. Took chance with Droid one, but MOTO has proven to have huge success in past. I know SE has had success I guess on the past, but after the latest news from them they got a lot to make up for. Until then MOTO and HTC for me.

mickdroid

Reaction score
To put it bluntly, I wouldn't want anything made by Sony-Ericcson even if the offered it with a free wife replacement! I had a Sony Ericcson and it was horrible and the service stunk! Of course that was through AT&T with whom I no longer have an account. I dropped it on their showroom floor crushed it under my heel after they refused to replace it because they had already replaced a broken one before for me and my warranty had now expired by one day (based on the original warranty with the first one that broke). I walked out and I switched to Verizon. I have been fairly content ever since.

sjohndro

Reaction score

same thing. SE isnt Sony. It just has Sony's name in the first part of it. Its like how you and I make a company together... you do the work, and I watch and let you ride on my popular name to get sales.

Taken from the Sony-Ericsson website: "Sony Ericsson, a 50:50 joint venture of Sony Corporation and Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, was established in October 2001."

Sony-Ericsson is even listed on Sony's Index of Sites: Sony USA - Index of Sites

OP
W

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Taken from the Sony-Ericsson website: "Sony Ericsson, a 50:50 joint venture of Sony Corporation and Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, was established in October 2001."

Sony-Ericsson is even listed on Sony's Index of Sites: Sony USA - Index of Sites
Ya. And sony just provides money and the name. Aka 50%. Like verizon wireless being a joint venture with vodsfonet.