Sony Android Tablet S Launching in U.S. Sept. 16 for $499

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sony-S-Android-tablet-sept-2011.PNG

The general release for the WiFi version of the new Sony Android Tablet, the Sony S, will be September 16th. The device will be $499.99 for the 16GB version and $599.99 for the 32GB version. Furthermore, it is already available for pre-order. Here's a summary of some of the specs for this tablet:
  • 9.4" screen
  • 1 GHz dual core Tegra 2
  • WiFi
  • Universal IR remote
  • Latest Android platform - not sure if they mean Gingerbread since no specifics were given
  • Sony Entertainment Network with Music Unlimited, Video Unlimited and games for PS Certified devices
  • 16GB Version and 32GB Version available
This seems like a decent Android product. It has good aesthetics and Sony's decent quality. They do tend to be a bit tardy on the update side of things with their phones, but many of their products are fairly solid overall. Share your thoughts in the forums.

Source: AndroidTablets.net via PhoneArena and Sony Store

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the idea of the built in universal IR remote... I can make myself feel like one of those really rich people with the touch screen remote that controls their entire house. But on the other hand, no HDMI out is pretty much a deal breaker for me.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I like the idea of the built in universal IR remote... I can make myself feel like one of those really rich people with the touch screen remote that controls their entire house. But on the other hand, no HDMI out is pretty much a deal breaker for me.

I like it too. Its a convenience since I would probably be using it on the couch with the TV on anyways. Surprised its not more expensive considering its Sony.