Something I noticed that is odd.

Hell Toupee

Reaction score
If you add a contact via Gmail you can add the persons birthday which in turn you can sync with your Google calendar. But if you add a contact via your phone book or what ever you want to call it there is not a option to add a birthday. I could be wrong but poked around for quite some time and didn't see it. If it is true then I see this as a silly simple to fix over sight. Also the one and only thing I miss from my WM6.1 phone is that you could set a new event such as a birthday and if you put the start date as the actual date it would add a number next to it equal to the amount that it had repeated. For example if I put my birthday 12/3/70 this year it would say "My birthday 40" I know its trivial to some but is very useful.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
If you add a contact via Gmail you can add the persons birthday which in turn you can sync with your Google calendar. But if you add a contact via your phone book or what ever you want to call it there is not a option to add a birthday. I could be wrong but poked around for quite some time and didn't see it. If it is true then I see this as a silly simple to fix over sight. Also the one and only thing I miss from my WM6.1 phone is that you could set a new event such as a birthday and if you put the start date as the actual date it would add a number next to it equal to the amount that it had repeated. For example if I put my birthday 12/3/70 this year it would say "My birthday 40" I know its trivial to some but is very useful.

There are quite a few problems with the contact manager. The biggest one I feel is that the phone supports group filters, but the only way to assign a contact to a group is in your gmail account...just like birthdays. There are a lot of us that are hoping for a significant improvement in the contact application with the 2.1 or future upgrades.

OP
Hell Toupee

Hell Toupee

Reaction score
Did you notice I used the words silly and trivial. Google prides itself on cross app integration is why I find the birthday thing odd. I truly love my phone was just pointing out two things that would make it better in my opinion. I probably should have used the quote but I'm on my phone and not sure how to do it. This is a reply to the"anything else you want to complain about"