Someone help soon pls...

thejacked1

Reaction score
Supposedly got my new simcard today, and its supposedly going to solve all my data loss problems. Question is im running blurry zoom th3orypak, my actual kernel / radio is off 5.5.893, do I just pop the sim in like normal? Will it reactivate automatically...or at all?

Thx

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Supposedly got my new simcard today, and its supposedly going to solve all my data loss problems. Question is im running blurry zoom th3orypak, my actual kernel / radio is off 5.5.893, do I just pop the sim in like normal? Will it reactivate automatically...or at all?

Thx

Your problem isn't your sim, its your radio. Replacing the sim will fix nothing. You can either update with cheesecake or wait until the official update is released. I will say that the 5.7.893 update will not fix the problem entirely but, it does provide a dramatic improvement and is well worth doing.

Easily Upgrade To 5.7.893, Keep Root And Webtop - RootzWiki is the place to go- I had to do the 3 recoveries in a row just as the video showed them doing the one recovery. There are 3 recoveries below the one claiming to be the only one needed. I had to do all three and in order. The 5.7.893 radio works better than 886 and 5.7 better than 5.5. It is not perfect but handles 4g to 3g handoff better. It did not seem to make my phone any more sensitive to the radio but it made it change from 4g to 3g better and it made it stay locked on 3g better. That was my experience and I have bricked my phone a few times from not reading OP's, not watching videos and trying to bypass methods. Sort of shoot, aim look. Been that way for while, its a character flaw of mine :) Dhacker29 made this next link for people like me! Here's what to do when you dork your phone!

R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 - RootzWiki Will get you to stock and ready for the upgrade, it also has the option for forever root (works) Dhacker29 did a great job with this. It has cheescake as a feature. This tool also will fix many a brick!

Hope this helps/

Last edited:
Back