Soft reset not solving this problem.

truegiantbdc

Reaction score
My phone will not turn on unless it is soft reset or plugged into a power source. And then the lock screen is unresponsive. I tried holding both volume buttons during boot and it went into safe mode but did not do anything else or let me do anything. Any Ideas?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My phone will not turn on unless it is soft reset or plugged into a power source. And then the lock screen is unresponsive. I tried holding both volume buttons during boot and it went into safe mode but did not do anything else or let me do anything. Any Ideas?

That doesn't sound good. You are sure you were in Safe mode? The words Safe mode will appear translucent on the bottom left corner. And you say the lock is unresponsive. Was it also that way in Safe mode?

Is this phone rooted? If so, what other changes have you made to it. If not, can you list the apps you've installed?

OP
T

truegiantbdc

Reaction score
After a couple resets and wiping everything, I finally think it is stable. But now I cannot connect to my home wifi. That seems to be the only problem now.
And no it is not rooted.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
After a couple resets and wiping everything, I finally think it is stable. But now I cannot connect to my home wifi. That seems to be the only problem now.
And no it is not rooted.

Well, I am glad that other than the WIFI things seem back to normal, however unless it's just a setting such as the wireless network password or something, there's still a problem?:blink:

What is WIFI doing/not doing? What have you tried?