SMS Popup not working!

missrachel

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been using SMS Popup in conjunction with ChompSMS for quite some time now. Never had any issues until recently. I'd say as of the past 2-3 weeks, SMS Popup has stopped working properly. I do receive proper LED notifications (as I have my options edited in SMS Popup), but I do NOT receive an actual pop up - which is the purpose of the app - nor does the app wake up my phone from the locked state which I DO have it set to do.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled 2-4 times at least and sometimes it temporarily fixes the problem but after a week or so it goes back to not popping up at all... WTF? Anyone else having this issue???

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you did not change any of the Chomp settings do you by chance use a task killer? If so, that may be stopping the popup.

Mike

OP
missrachel

missrachel

Reaction score
If you did not change any of the Chomp settings do you by chance use a task killer? If so, that may be stopping the popup.

Mike

Hi Mike, yes I do use Advanced Task Killer, but I have unchecked the box for SMS Popup so it should not be killed...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did the problem occur after you installed ATK? If so, uninstall ATK as see if your popup's return. Sometimes the task killers go deeper than the UI indicates.

Mike

OP
missrachel

missrachel

Reaction score
Did the problem occur after you installed ATK? If so, uninstall ATK as see if your popup's return. Sometimes the task killers go deeper than the UI indicates.

Mike

I just uninstalled my task killer and unfortunately, no avail. Same problem with SMS Popup. This popup issue started happening long after I had already been using ATK. Thank you very much for trying to help me out... I have no idea what the issue here could be...!?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
My only other thought -- did this issue begin after you installed any new app?

Mike