SMS Alert Messages - Reoccuring

flores7899

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app for the Devour that if I miss my text message or SMS message the first time it will keep reminding me every 2 minutes or something. I keep missing messages if I don't look at my phone.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Handcent will do this, you need to enable "reminders"

OP
F

flores7899

Reaction score
Handcent will do this, you need to enable "reminders"
Do you know which version of Handcent I should download. I downloaded the SMS one. But I can't find the "Reminders" on it.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Handcent SMS is the right one.

Settings > Notification Settings > Enable Reminders

OP
F

flores7899

Reaction score
Handcent SMS is the right one.

Settings > Notification Settings > Enable Reminders

I'm also trying to use this program. I like it. But it keeps saying FORCE CLOSE. Do you know why? I haven't found out if the vibration keeps re-occuring though.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm also trying to use this program. I like it. But it keeps saying FORCE CLOSE. Do you know why? I haven't found out if the vibration keeps re-occuring though.

Sounds like a bad install. Uninstall it and re-install. The released an update a few days ago, and I havent heard of any stability issues.

OP
F

flores7899

Reaction score

Sounds like a bad install. Uninstall it and re-install. The released an update a few days ago, and I havent heard of any stability issues.

Damn. I did. It still says FORCE CLOSE when I try to reply to texts. I also tried the setting and it's not working.
What I need is when I get a text message when my phone is on vibrate and I don't feel it. I want it to keep reminding me until I check it.
I like the program features. But it's not freaking working right. Do you know of any other ones that can do what I need? And thanks for helping me so far. I have the Verizon Devour. Not the Droid.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Devour might be your problem. I made the stupid assumption that it would work.

ChompSMS is the other app that a lot of people use. I dont know if it has the features you want, but it's certainly worth a shot.

I think "Missed Call" will do what you want too...

Good Luck