Smoked Glass for Froyo BB 0.2

OP
A

ACalcutt

Reaction score
Is this normal? I have been having problems lately with ROM Manager doing that, going to the M logo and rebooting, and not just this theme, other themes and ROMs too.

I've never had this problem myself....and I've applied the update.zips many times in my testing. Maybe check if there's an update to clockwork?

jhuntsbery

Reaction score
This is literaly my first forums post. Ive been a membr for a bit and literaly what ive been waiting for. Ive tested almost every rom and LOVE BB 1.1 and the new .2 was running 1.1 cause i was waiting for themed .2 LOL much love man thnxdancedroid

Malambis

Reaction score
Works great, thanks so much. I have just one question, why isn't the notification pulldown transparent? I haven't seen any for Froyo with transparency, is this a limitation of 2.2?

OP
A

ACalcutt

Reaction score

_33

Reaction score
I've tried three times to get this running. I keep getting stuck on the M screen. It just stays there. I have to pull the battery, boot into recovery and restore. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? This is the only theme I have ever used and my Droid seems unhappy without it.

OP
A

ACalcutt

Reaction score
I've tried three times to get this running. I keep getting stuck on the M screen. It just stays there. I have to pull the battery, boot into recovery and restore. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? This is the only theme I have ever used and my Droid seems unhappy without it.

I have applied this to BB 0.1, BB 0.2, and BB 0.2.1. Are you using on of those?

I use clockwork recovery and usually shutdown and hold x to get into recovery (instead of going in though rom manager) but i don't think that should matter

Does it ever get into recovery? I had a bad flash of the new clockwork recovery and it behaved like that (just sitting at the logo). Have you tried to reflash recovery through rom manager?

This is the method that should work to install this

It is in an update.zip format. The way you install it depends on which recovery you are using (Clockwork or SPrecovery)

If you are using sprecovery
1. Download this file
2. Rename the file to “update.zip”
3. Transfer update.zip to the root of your SD card
4. Reboot into SPRecovery. To do this power off your phone then hold the power and “x” button for 5 seconds, then release both buttons.
5. Select “Install.”
6. Select “Allow update.zip installation.”
7. Select “Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated).” The new theme will be installed.
8. After this completes, select reboot.

If you are using clockwork recovery
1.)Download file to the sdcard (no need to rename to update.zip)
2.)Reboot into recovery. (Either through rom manager or by holding x and the power button at startup)
3.)Choose "Install zip from sdcard"
4.)Choose "choose zip from sdcard". Browse to theme zip file
5.)Choose reboot system now

OP
A

ACalcutt

Reaction score
I added a metamorph version of this to the 1st post.

This should help people who are interested in making further changes to the theme without going into the apk files. For example, people interested in other battery icons can put the modified "stat_sys_battery" images in framework-res\res\drawable-hdpi

It may also help some of the people having trouble with the update.zips

Last edited:

_33

Reaction score
I am running BB 0.2.1, using sprecovery and have followed those instructions exactly. That's the only way I know how to do any of this. I had a problem one time and it was the file itself. The file size I have is 18.7mb. Could there have been an error when I downloaded the file? I downloaded the file twice. I didn't check the file size the first time.

OP
A

ACalcutt

Reaction score
I am running BB 0.2.1, using sprecovery and have followed those instructions exactly. That's the only way I know how to do any of this. I had a problem one time and it was the file itself. The file size I have is 18.7mb. Could there have been an error when I downloaded the file? I downloaded the file twice. I didn't check the file size the first time.

The file should only be ~5.4-5.7 megabytes depending on what version you are downloading from the first post

ruiner

Reaction score
Random Reboots

SO HAPPY, been waiting for this!!!!! However:

I'm on BB Froyo 0.2.1 and wasn't having any issues until I added smoked glass. Now I've had a few random reboots. Mostly when recording videos. Anyone else seeing this? If not, I might try a wipe and reinstall.

OP
A

ACalcutt

Reaction score
SO HAPPY, been waiting for this!!!!! However:

I'm on BB Froyo 0.2.1 and wasn't having any issues until I added smoked glass. Now I've had a few random reboots. Mostly when recording videos. Anyone else seeing this? If not, I might try a wipe and reinstall.

I haven't had any reboots. I tested recording some video and my phone seems fine

c0y0te

Reaction score
The download for the no tabs version is still saying v6.

Thanks for doing this, btw. Smoked Glass is still the best.