Smoked Glass for Froyo BB 0.2

ACalcutt

Reaction score
Smoked Glass for Froyo BB 0.2.1

I updated the Smoked Glass update.zip I made for BB 0.1 so it was based on the framework-res.apk and services.jar of BB 0.2. I also zipaligned all the apks using the "zipalign_apks" command.

Install Method 1 (update.zip)
Heres the update.zips
(UPDATED: 06/24/2010)
smoked_glass_bb0.2_update_V8.zip

(this version has no tabs on the lock screen like the BB 1.0 glass theme)
smoked_glass_bb0.2_update_V8_notabs.zip

Install Method 2 (Metamorph)
I created a metamorph version of this for those having trouble with update.zips (download metamorph from the market)
SmokedGlass2-2-MM.zip
Copy this to /sdcard/AndroidThemes. extract in metamorph.
Install each subtheme one at a time (since some may cause a reboot). It seems to still apply even if it reboots

View attachment 10817
View attachment 10891

The images and xml files used to make this are here
(UPDATED: 06/17/2010)
smoked_glass_V6_base.rar

-------------------------------------------------------------
Credit to AdamZ for the origional smoked glass images.
Credit to (Pete?) for for some of the modified smoked glass images
Credit to xeudoxus for the transparent status dropdown (xUltimate Froyo Transparency Patcher)

Last edited:

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
working great, unlock sliders things don't quite match the notification bar, looks great though.

I'd love a version that maintains a white notification bar.

thanks

kpmoore

Reaction score
Badass man, that was the only thing missing from my new BB setup. Thanks!

harry dunn

Reaction score
Looks good....are there any themes now though that don't put the battery % in the batt meter, for some reason I'm not really a fan of that at all

oc192

Reaction score
So, we install BB v.02 first and then install this with rom manager?

Yes that is what I did, or you could rename it to update place in the root of your sdcard and install via sprecovery method.

Tony M27

Reaction score
This would truly be sick... If it didn't have the nasty pee yellow progress bars.

goldenglow21

Reaction score
I have a few requests if you have the time to make further changes to this wonderful theme.

1) The default battery icon displays a very small white pixel in the upper left corner. This pixel disappears when the phone is being charged but otherwise it sticks out pretty bad on the black notification bar.

(If possible, I would rather use the green round battery without the numbers and turning orange at like 20 and red at 10, whatever the default color changes are)

2) On the pulldown notification bar, instead of having flush rounded edges you can tell where its just 1 giant solid black box. This is also apparent when there's no transparency like before.

3) Change the downloading progress bar to green (same color as battery) and the text associated with it to white instead of black (its impossible to read).

If this is too much work I can totally understand, its just this has always been my favorite theme because its simple yet slick. But its not exactly where it needs to be yet for these new 2.2 roms.

Appreciate any assistance.

OP
A

ACalcutt

Reaction score
I updated the links in the first post.

Changes
- Fixed black text in status when downloading
- Fixed white pixel in the upper left corner of status bar battery icons
- Changed music status bar text (it looks better now)
- Modified debugging icon so it didn't have a background like the rest of the icons

Things above I probably won't change
- yellow progress bar color. I like the default color and it is to difficult to make special versions
- Battery icon. I like the look of the plain android battery icon. I liked the addition of the percentage with the stock look pete added, so I kept it. Again, it is to difficult to make a custom version for each set of icons

If someone is interested in how to make the change, just ask

Split630

Reaction score
Might be a "noob" question, but will thia work with 0.2.1? My logic says yes, 0.2.1 is just a patch of the 0.2.x series. Just want to make sure.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk