Smartphone Newbie

shelley1101

Reaction score
Hello smartphone users. I am new at this so have a big learning curve. I have had my Droid X for about a week and love it. I have looked through the forum and can't seem to find my answer. I downloaded a movie from the market through an App, how can I transfer that movie to my computer? Also, how can I look to see what is on my sdcard? I can click on one file, like a song and see the properties and see it is on the sdcard, but I want to see all that is on the card at the same time, can that be done? Thank you I need all the help I can get.

Shelley

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. I have a Droid and I know the X is different but if you connect your phone to your computer you should see an icon on your computer's home page, that is your SD card. I believe you should ber able to drag the movie to the SD card. I'm not sure if you need to add a specific folder.
Sorry I could not be more specific.

Mike

D

dankarlinski

what app did you use to download it? that willl make it easier to help you.

but for general directions:

1. connect the mini USB data cable to your phone and your USB on your compy
2. Navigate to the drive
Windows: go to my computer. look for a new drive there. it usually ends up being E: or F: but that depends on your other devices installed. it may also be called Droid, Droid X, Media Card, or something else like that.

Mac: I Am not overly lessoned on mac computers, but usually the device will pop up on your desktop with a name simular to the above

3. Once you are in the folder, you need to navigate around to find the file. it usually is in either the download folder, but some apps make a folder that related to the name.

if you give us the name of the app, i can prob locate the folder name for you

OP
S

shelley1101

Reaction score
Dankarlinski thank you. I know where my file is. With trial and error I found the file in the "Download folder". I have made a new folder "Movies" and moved the two movies to that file. I just now want to copy to my computer just in case I ever lose my files on the sdcard.

I am just glad I found this forum. This has been so frustrating because I have never had a smartphone. My other phone was basically used to talk and text.