SmartAction ~ Un-Dock?

SylenThunder

Reaction score
So.... I finally got the Morotola nav dock for the car. Got it all set up, and then created a Smart action for it. Basically, it turns on my GPS, disables wireless, and fires up the cardock program so I have the nice big nav buttons, music, and voice commands.

Unfortunately, when I undock, I want it to turn off the GPS, close my music, turn the wireless back on, and basically go back to how it was before I put it in the dock.
So far, only the SmartDock program closes, and that's only because the program is designed to.

Any ideas on how to make a reverse Smart Action? Seems like back in the GB days I had one made for when it disconnected from the bluetooth in the car, but I haven't used that in forever, don't have the settings anymore, and can't seem to find an option for "if disconnected from navdock".

silverfang77

Reaction score
That's exactly like the problem I have! Under ICS, I was able to program SmartActions to change my phone's volume from silent to vibrate when I unplugged it. When I plugged it back in, SmartActions would automatically set it back to silent from vibrate. Under JellyBean, the SmartActions simply shuts down and leaves the phone on vibrate after I plug it back in.

In order to reproduce the old functionality, I'd have to create a reverse SmartAction that would set the phone's volume back to silent when I plugged it in. In any case, I would think it could be done in your situation. After all, if you can set it to do an action, it can be set to undo the action as well. But that's now how it's supposed to be. That's not how it was under ICS.

Unfortunately, it seems like Motorola simply changed SmartActions' nature under JellyBean or it's a bug.

Last edited:
OP
SylenThunder

SylenThunder

Reaction score
Well tinkering around with it a bit, turns out that SmartDock (or whatever the program is called) automatically turns on the GPS when It opens, and then closes that software and my map and turns the GPS off when it closes.
Using Smart WiFi Toggler to manage my wireless on and off and that's working splendidly.
So now the only issue is with Pandora, ring volume, and the screen brightness. (Why the heck screen goes dimmer when there's more light I will never figure out.)
I should be able to figure out how to get the Smart action to do everything except Pandora.

On a side note, was interesting that when i used Pandora before with the headphone jack connected to my car audio, unplugging it would automatically pause the music. Removing the phone from the dock does not have this feature though for some reason.