Smart Actions: How Do I?

Agrajag

Reaction score
I have one action that I do not understand why it's failing.

The action is setup like this:

Name: "Send Okay When Home Late"

Triggers:

Wi-Fi Connection
- My home wifi name

Timeframe
- Night (10pm - 5am)

Actions:

Sent Text Message
- To my girlfriend

The problem is that every single night at 10pm on the nose she gets this text message telling her I got home okay even when I'm not anywhere near home. I also suspect she gets it when I am at home simply because I'm there.

Is there a way to get it to only send the text message if I wasn't there before 10pm and show up at 10pm or later? I now see that this has no choice but to send it when I am home as what it really says is if, at 10pm I see your Wifi connection I'm sending a text. That's obviously not what I wanted. I suspect this sort of action is a bit beyond what we have now.

tclarktc

Reaction score
It doesn't have to send it when your home.. just make the settings work, after 10PM. The reason it sends when your home is the wifi..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Sounds like its not waiting for both triggers to be met, one or the other. Maybe delete the action and try rebuilding it?

Deron

Reaction score
Did you try setting the timing to end of rule instead of start of rule?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

SallyC

Reaction score
If you want it to send it only if you're not home by 10, that sounds like a If, Then, Else type command. You don't want it to send it if you're home by 10?

OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
My girlfriend isn't worried if I'm home before 10. If I get home late she gets a bit concerned so I thought up this one but now realize it really doesn't say what I want it to say.

If I'm already home before 10pm then it shouldn't text anything. Thus, only if, after 10pm the WiFi suddenly gets seen then it likely means I just got home. Not sure there's really a way to say that here.