Slow News Day Tangent: GoPro Video of Space Jump Proves Pretty Scary

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;dYw4meRWGd4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYw4meRWGd4[/video]​

If you've got a spare eight minutes and are not overly phased by heights (or motion sickness), then you will want to check out the video above. We will admit, that it is not smartphone, tablet or even Android related at all. Today is a bit of a slow news day, and this video is quite thrilling, so it's worth a gander. If you haven't seen it already, this is Felix Baumgartner’s 2012 jump from outer space to Earth in which he reached speeds of over 800 miles per hour and nearly passed out.

The entire event was captured using GoPro cameras strategically positioned on his space-suit. He jumped from 24 miles above the Earth's surface, which is why he needed a space-suit for the adventure. Don't forget to pick the HD option when you watch the video. It really enhances the experience!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I would love to do that!! Amazing....that was incredible

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I would love to do that!! Amazing....that was incredible

Me too. If they walked up to me and asked me to drop everything so they could throw me out of the capsule 25 miles up and be the first in the car ready to go. What an experience. What I loved about the video is he even landed on his feet.

xtor

Reaction score
YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYw4meRWGd4

If you've got a spare eight minutes and are not overly phased by heights (or motion sickness), then you will want to check out the video above. We will admit, that it is not smartphone, tablet or even Android related at all. Today is a bit of a slow news day, and this video is quite thrilling, so it's worth a gander. If you haven't seen it already, this is Felix Baumgartner’s 2012 jump from outer space to Earth in which he reached speeds of over 800 miles per hour and nearly passed out.

The entire event was captured using GoPro cameras strategically positioned on his space-suit. He jumped from 24 miles above the Earth's surface, which is why he needed a space-suit for the adventure. Don't forget to pick the HD option when you watch the video. It really enhances the experience!

That's crazy!

8th Infantry division

Gremlin

Reaction score
Watched the event on youtube live as it happened... It was worth it..