Slingbox Question.....

echo6280

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to post this question. I didn't see any posts anywhere else. I downloaded the slingbox app. It looks fantastic and works perfect except for one thing. When I tap once on the screen it pulls up the box to directly input the channel you want to go to. My problem is it doesn't put in the numbers correctly. I have Dish Network and Slingbox works great on my computer. If I enter a channel # on my Droid with 4 digits such as 6024 (XM Lithium channel) it does it correctly. However if I try to put in channel 300 (HBO) it tries to add a 0 to the end of it and it goes to channel 0. If I enter channel 7, it goes correctly to channel 7. If I enter channel 42 (FOX) it goes to channel 2. Anyway...I've tried to enter 0s before and after the channel and it still doesn't work. For some reason it gives you and option of inputting 5 numbers. There is no such thing with Dish Network. I can scroll through the guide to get to the channel I need, but with $150.00 worth fo channels it can take a while. Is there a setting I'm missing? Let it be said that I love the Slingbox app regardless. I would just like it to work the way it should. Thanks for any help.

MarkO

Reaction score
Maybe you have the wrong remote setup? Also, might want to check your infrared adapter and make sure it is pointed properly at your receiver. I only mention this because I have not had any issues changing channels.

OP
echo6280

echo6280

Reaction score
I appreciate the quick reply. I don't think that's the problem. Like I said, my Slingbox works great from my computer...just like it should. I've had the Slingbox Pro for about 4 years now, so I'm pretty experienced with troubleshooting with it. But your right, that does seem like that would be the problem. Hmmmmmm...I can't figure it out.

OP
echo6280

echo6280

Reaction score
To add to the mystery...I found the settings option (the screen before it connects) and I put in a channel # for it do default to when connected. I put in channel 144 (ESPN2). When I connected the Slingbox it worked! It actually was on channel 144. However, when I tried to go to channel 300, it did the same incorrect thing it was doing before. If I type in just 7, I can see the guide typing in 0,0,0,7. For some reason it wants 4 numbers. By the way, I checked my Slingbox from my work computer and it's working just as it should. I'm definitely missing a setting on my phone somewhere. Maybe I have something loaded on my phone that's screwing it up. I run stock 2.1 with a Motorola Droid.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I would think if you wanted a channel like 300, you would enter 0300..

Edit: Didnt see ya say the 4 or 5 # part... so ignore this lol

MarkO

Reaction score
I just tried 300 and mine worked fine (well except I don't sub to HBO). I have Dish and the 622 receiver and I havven't had any of the problems you state. I'm running 2.2 Froyo (the first one that became available).

OP
echo6280

echo6280

Reaction score
I've tried all of the 0 combinations, before and after the channel I'm trying to get to. If I type in 300 it goes to channel 0. I believe it's imputing
3,0,0,0. I don't get it. But like I said, I still love the app. I guess I'll deal with the hiccup if I have to.

MarkO

Reaction score
Maybe try a delete application and a reinstall.

It is an awesome app. I'm using it now in my backyard.

OP
echo6280

echo6280

Reaction score
Update...if I type in 7 it enters 0,0,0,7 and it goes to channel 7 correctly.

OP
echo6280

echo6280

Reaction score
I've never deleted and re-installed an app. Is it as basic as it sounds to do? I just don't want to lose my thirty dollar app. I would imagine I just uninstall it and then go to the app store and it will know that I've already purchased it? Please forgive my ignorance.

DavePDX

Reaction score
I uninstalled the Slingbox app from my Droid yesterday and reinstalled it without a problem. After I uninstalled it the Slingbox app showed up in the Market app as an already purchased app. It installed just like other purchased apps installed (following an uninstall).

OP
echo6280

echo6280

Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation. I'll uninstall it and give it another shot.

OP
echo6280

echo6280

Reaction score
I knew I shouldn't have done it. I uninstalled it and went back to the marketplace and the app said "purchased" next to it like it should have. But when I try to install it again it starts the download for about 2 seconds and then says "download unsuccessful". ****! (curse word)

gatewayad

Reaction score
I think theres a market problem right now, lots of people getting unsuccessful downloads, just hang tight a while