sliding screen

toast9897

Reaction score
I have a problem with my screen sliding partially open while in my pocket, thus activating the touch screen and causing me to either attempt an emergency call or have too many attempts on my pattern lock. Is there an app that stops the screen from activating unless the top button is pushed? Practically the only time I slide my Droid open is when it's by accident in my pocket anyway.

Silver Member
Reaction score
some people have had luck using cases to kind of fix a loose screen. there are a few apps in the marketplace which change the behavior of how you unlock your phone, just do a search.

i usually keep my phone in my watch pocket, so it never has a chance to slide open.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I have the same problem occasionally, however I don't think it's because of a loose screen. My screen is definitely not loose, but it still gets nudged just enough sometimes to turn it on while in my pocket. I don't use the pattern lock though, so I've never had the problem of an inadvertent emergency call attempt.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine will 'slide' ever so slightly open in my pocket from time to time. My slider is not loose at all though. Think it's just the nature of a slider device.

Can always put a piece of tape to stop if from sliding open. :icon_ devil: Ya... put a piece of tape on a $500 piece of technology :icon_eek:

Last edited:
OP
T

toast9897

Reaction score
No the screen isn't loose; it's only a week old. I didn't have any luck finding an applicable app. Might have to take off the pattern lock... somebody should come up with a case that has like a brake or a clasp or something, so that it takes a conscious effort to open it lol.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No the screen isn't loose; it's only a week old. I didn't have any luck finding an applicable app. Might have to take off the pattern lock... somebody should come up with a case that has like a brake or a clasp or something, so that it takes a conscious effort to open it lol.
I was trying to reassure you that the screen doesn't have to be 'loose' for it to happen.
Maybe you've got an idea there?

Rettocs

Reaction score
A work-around to this problem is to download "LockPattern On/Off". It is a widget that toggles whether your phone is locked down or not. When it is in your pocket, turn the lock off, this will enable the normal slide to unlock gesture. When you are doing something like leaving it in a drawer or need it locked, toggle the lock to "on", and it is now Pattern Lock Protected. This is what I have done for mine.

Last edited:
OP
T

toast9897

Reaction score
Thanks, but I was agreeing with you :p my "loose" comment was @640k, whereas my brake/clasp comment was an improved version of your tape idea...

OP
T

toast9897

Reaction score
@rettocs that's the type of solution I was looking for. Thank you

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
A work-around to this problem is to download "PatternLock On/Off". It is a widget that toggles whether your phone is locked down or not. When it is in your pocket, turn the lock off, this will enable the normal slide to unlock gesture. When you are doing something like leaving it in a drawer or need it locked, toggle the lock to "on", and it is now Pattern Lock Protected. This is what I have done for mine.

Good idea! It doesn't bother me when mine opens though, so I'll just live with it.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks, but I was agreeing with you :p my "loose" comment was @640k, whereas my brake/clasp comment was an improved version of your tape idea...
Yea so if you make a case with the brake/clasp... I'll take my cut for idea rights... you know... the tape inspired you :icon_ devil: LOL

meekless

Reaction score
i bought a case from Verizon from day one so no comment on the screen coming open, but the case does make the slide more of an effort. not a pain, but something i think you are looking for.

the case was the one that looks and feels like leather, is black, and again from Verizon.
it is a really nice looking case!

Nopetize

Reaction score
Yep... I had same problem...did buy a case from Verizon...has a metallic face. It did solve the problem of sliding open in my pocket.