Slayher vs. Chevyno1

chained22

Reaction score
just curious on everyone's opinion, which runs smoother, better battery life, and less heat slayher or chevy on bb 0.6.2.1 for you?

minger

Reaction score
i'm partial to Slayher's as they were the first to make my phone not run hot. Used Chevy's when Froyo was first coming out, but I have yet to really try his.

Slayher's have gotten me two days before, usually interactive. Usually use the 800 or 1.2 kernels, battery life is about the same on both.

TMYINC

Reaction score
just curious on everyone's opinion, which runs smoother, better battery life, and less heat slayher or chevy on bb 0.6.2.1 for you?

I usually only run slayhers or p3droids so I would have to go with slayhers. I have ran cm's stock kernel with the modified milestone overclock app and have had much success with that. Being able to change the vsel's and such makes it easy to improve battery life and so on. Just a thought.

OP
chained22

chained22

Reaction score
I just decided to throw on a faster kernel than the 800mhz that is stock in bb's roms, and a friend suggested me to try chevy; no complaint yet, but I do want to try a 1ghz p3droid or slayher. Do u got a link for them?
Sent from my Droid1 using DroidFourms app

TMYINC

Reaction score
I just decided to throw on a faster kernel than the 800mhz that is stock in bb's roms, and a friend suggested me to try chevy; no complaint yet, but I do want to try a 1ghz p3droid or slayher. Do u got a link for them?

Index of /DL/LFY/KERNELS
P3Droid Kernels

Just be careful on the p3droid page as some of the kernels are for old 2.1 roms.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Slayhers kernels are set up with low-end speeds that are unnecessary on FroYo, they run hot on most phones they're installed on, and battery life is usually crap. They go really fast, though.

Chevy kernels are geared towards lower voltage, so your battery life will usually be better with them, but they're really pushing the limit of what the phone can use. They as yet cannot do compcache.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dread receiving my replacement set because my phone loves slayhers kernels. No temp or battery life problems. Fingers crossed this one plays nice.

OP
chained22

chained22

Reaction score

Index of /DL/LFY/KERNELS
P3Droid Kernels

Just be careful on the p3droid page as some of the kernels are for old 2.1 roms.

Thanks for the link i will check it out when i get up tomorrow

wseyller

Reaction score
Well the reason I use the Chevy over Slayher is because of the wireless tether app I use. With the Slayher kernel it will connect to the wifi but I get no internet. With the Chevy kernel it works perfectly.

91LudeSiT

Reaction score
Are you guys really seeing a marked improvement with compcache on the droid 1? I would think it has enough memory that compcache is just going to slow things down.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
256MB of RAM is not "enough memory" for FroYo to function at optimum efficiency. Some people will notice dramatic improvements in overall smoothness, others will have problems. It comes down to the Droid itself. Every Droid is different. If you're running compcache-enabled (and it's working for you) then you should reboot every 48 hours at a minimum.

OZFive

Reaction score
ChevyNo1.

The Slayher kernel included with Elite 4.1 kept giving me issues. I had used ChevyNo1 with ShadowRom with great success, so when Elite kept giving me issues with Slayher I went over to ChevyNo1.

Now there are no issues and it is running great.

adsfa34

Reaction score
Slayhers kernels are set up with low-end speeds that are unnecessary on FroYo, they run hot on most phones they're installed on, and battery life is usually crap. They go really fast, though.

Chevy kernels are geared towards lower voltage, so your battery life will usually be better with them, but they're really pushing the limit of what the phone can use. They as yet cannot do compcache.

+1000000 .... You really can't say it any better than this...that's right on fb ... naturally :)

OP
chained22

chained22

Reaction score
im currently using cheyno1 medv 1ghz on sourcery and it run really smooth, actually smoother than what it was on bugless for me