thelopenator

Reaction score
It does work. Maybe skype doesn't support it yet idk i don't use skype.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
S

sik916

Reaction score
The front camera works but not for skype and skype says tb is supported

sent from thunderbolt

thelopenator

Reaction score
Try checking settings if you haven't? If I had skype I would look through everything for you but I don't want it. Are you sure the front cameras are supported on skype? Maybe skype needs another update

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jseah

Reaction score
Supposedly Skype only works with the front camera if the handset is running Gingerbread. So with the Thunderbolt, Skype won't use the front camera until the Gingerbread update is released.

LocalFiveOh

Reaction score
Try Tango. Works great on our TBolts and I used it to talk to my brother on his iPhone the other day. We were both on 3g, worked great.

Sent from my DroidBolt using ThunderForums

Ambushbug

Reaction score
Haven't had any luck with Tango myself, quality was horrible for us. The FFC only works with GB, there was a leaked version of GB that came out today if using Skype and the FFC is that important to you.

mafiafan123

Reaction score
Tango works on mine front camera I'm not gingerbread and on 4G it looks fine id do the leaked update but wifi is broken and I it may never update when the ota one comes so I will wait its getting closer for us Thunderbolt users :) but yeah if your not rooted like. Me. I wouldn't do the leaked gb just to have skype

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Parafly9

Reaction score
I heard that the FFC only works on Gingerbread ROM's. I'm still on an older version of DasBAMF

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

slinky

Reaction score
The hackers got Skype to work with the front camera. I was using it months ago. The fact that all of this is foobared shows how much Skype sucks, including as an organization. Congratulations Microsoft - you're the world's biggest suckers.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Skype works wonderfully with the Thunderbolt!

Doesn't anyone on this board know we are all running Gingerbread roms?

There are a bunch of them, but I prefer the Das Bamf roms. Version 3.0 4.9 is great and so is the new Uber Bamf.

I have a friend who's 78 year old grandmother is in the hospital. She used her t-bolt to allow her to Skype with her daughter out of state. They loved that they could see and talk with each other!

jseah

Reaction score

crushalot

Reaction score
Apparently the latest phone update that was sent out in the middle of July breaks this version and it no longer works.
I see. I wasn't aware. Does anyone have the version of the APK from that download link from AP? The reason I ask is that I have another hacked version of Skype that I am pretty sure is a later version than the one being distributed from AP. This one may work for unrooted phones after the update. I am pretty sure it is a hacked version of 2.0.45.
LMK and I can work on getting it posted for download.