alex5674

Reaction score
I am getting an error that says "couldn't connect" on skype.....does this mean even though the app is out there that I still can't skype on my droid

DrkPh03n1x

Reaction score
Im getting this error as well. Its strange. I have another druid 2 here that is able to connect without problem. Password is correct. Just says "Couldn't connect to skype."

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

thordahl

Reaction score
Any luck on resolving this? Same issue here. Skype works on my wife's DG2 but not on mine. I have been searching for a way to solve this problem with not luck?

OP
A

alex5674

Reaction score
I uninstalled skype, turned my off and on, and installed skype for droid through market app and it cleared it all up. So far so good. I hope it works for you.

thordahl

Reaction score
I had updated the program yesterday. I delete the update and did a battery pull. Now it works. Thanks for the idea!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

jdm917

Reaction score
Anybody know how to uninstall the Skype app from android os? I don't use it at all so I want to get rid of it and when I try to kill it with task manager it just restarts. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ss13

Reaction score
Menu - Settings - Applications - Manage Applications. Select it...Remove. Just guessing that would work, since that's how I uninstall everything.

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
Anybody know how to uninstall the Skype app from android os? I don't use it at all so I want to get rid of it and when I try to kill it with task manager it just restarts. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
If it came with your phone, it is impossible. Remove it with root access.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

AthDruid

Reaction score
Does the phone need to be rooted to install the skype app with video, as posted in Droid Life forums?

Beardface

Reaction score
No... I have it and am not rooted.... talked for an hour on video earlier today, so i can verify it works

AthDruid

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. IT just took my wife a while to get it downloaded correctly. I think a reboot was needed for her. so we'll see....