sirius/xm app

jice

Reaction score
I was just on the sirius website and saw they now have a mobile app for the blackberry (I'm a former stormer). Any word on if and when its coming to the android platform?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its been out for a couple years on blackberry...

I don't think it's been out quite that long for Blackberry, but irregardless keep in mind Droid has only been out for only 4 months.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good point. I personally feel that Sirius/XM may not be all that interested in the phone market. I had the Storm and I'm trying to recall if it was ever available for that phone. If it was it was more recently.

Sirius/XM changed their internet pricing about a year ago and then shortly after that released an app for Blackberry IIRC. Who knows if they are even interested in the Android Market. I have it at home and in my car but I wouldn't purchase an app for my phone, but that's just me.

OP
jice

jice

Reaction score
Thanx for all ur responses. I also have it at home (well the computer) and in the cars, and got some what addicted to certain show when Im unable to listen from 1 of the 2 spots. My droid is always next 2 me.

Jameyny692

Reaction score
if you have a subscription to an online account then you would not have to pay for an extra sub. I use this for my ipod touch and it works great. The only problem I have with it is that it will shut off if you are listening to the same channel for to long due to inactivity. Even if they arent working on an APP right now you should be able to access the online account as soon as flash player is available.

bcardellini

Reaction score
afaik, there still is no official or 3rd party android app for sirius.

You can get sirius on android with a little work though. There are instructions on the web somewhere for using SiriusXMStreamer on your PC to stream without the annoying 90 minute timeout, and then streaming it from your PC to your android device with Orb.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good point. I personally feel that Sirius/XM may not be all that interested in the phone market. I had the Storm and I'm trying to recall if it was ever available for that phone. If it was it was more recently.

Sirius/XM changed their internet pricing about a year ago and then shortly after that released an app for Blackberry IIRC. Who knows if they are even interested in the Android Market. I have it at home and in my car but I wouldn't purchase an app for my phone, but that's just me.

They may be sorta interested, at least with phones. I have XM in my car and I hear lots of recent ads for the Blackberry app. And there's an Sirius/XM app for that other phone that is nameless here. But I hear it's about as popular as the Droid Facebook app.