Sim Card Swap From Omni to Droid

ralphwarren

Reaction score
Hi,

My wife and I both need a phone and I have a question I hope this group could help me with.

My wife needs any old phone (doesn't care which but must be Verizon).

I want the Motorola Droid (Verizon).

My work will only give me an Omni (Verizon).

Could I buy a Droid, get the Omnia from work, swap the Sim cards between the Omnia and Droid, give the Omnia to the wife, use the Droid to send and receive work calls and have it run the Good Messaging client to gain access to my corporate emails?

Any help on what I'm trying to do here would be helpful.

-Ralph

lemodular

Reaction score
I have never had problems swapping phones and numbers through Verizon. Just go to a service center (non-kiosk) and ask them to swap phone. If one won't another will. I have 4 phones on a family plan with different renew dates, I would upgrade a phone on a line and switch it to another....been doing it for years.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can definitely switch. The tricky thing may be if the account for the Omnia is held by the company.

Why are you limited to an Omnia through work?
Some employers restrict devices that they allow or hand out (for various reasons). Mine does.

Verizon doesn't use SIM cards. Sorry buddy.
There are Verizon devices that can utilize SIM cards but that's not really relevant to the OP. It's only relevant for use with a GSM carrier. The intent is for international roaming but some of these devices do support North American GSM frequencies.

Last edited: