signal booster

elsjag

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Droid facinate. Traveling and need to boost the signal in some areas when tethering the computer. Anyone know what to use?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I cant imagine there's any way to do that. Your signal strength is a function of your distance to the tower and any obstructions. Sit closer to the window?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's not really a one-size-fits-all solution for these sorts of problems. Most amps really need proper installation for any sort of benefit and in some cases only a repeater is needed.

sbd

Reaction score
I was wounding if any one has use the signal booster
That Verizon has that hooks in to your home
Internet if it works good or not thanks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
A buddy of mine has it and says it works well enough. He's got a big ol' house too and I usually get a pretty good signal up there throughout the whole house when I go.

mike4410

Reaction score
I have been In places that have it and it works. My question is it free

sbd

Reaction score
you have to buy the unit and have internet in your home

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have been In places that have it and it works. My question is it free
AT&T was handing them out to customers who had bad signal a couple years back. My friend grabbed it since he was still with AT&T then and it works on Verizon's network. I've seen the unit and it clearly says AT&T microcell. So if you can snag one of those on ebay or craigslist, I'm pretty sure it'll work.

wcjeep

Reaction score
A friend has a Sprint Microcell. His requires a GPS antenna for timing issues with the cell towers. The microcell also requires home internet. Since you are asking about boosting cell signal and internet you might be looking for an actual booster. Single phone boosters are fairly cheap. If you want a whole home solution the price can go way up. The single phone booster can boost 1x, 3G and 4G. Whole home solutions have alot of variables. A friend has a 3G home solution powerful enough to remove the dead zone in the downstairs living room. I have a couple of boosters. They are the 3G and 4G versions. They work great, but not magic. I've had internet access where others had no service. Expect 18-20db signal improvement. It helps to have the booster antenna outside.

Amazon.com: Wilson Electronics - Sleek 4G-V - Verizon 4G Cell Phone Signal Booster for Single User: Cell Phones & Accessories