Sick of my Droid, Verizon is offering me a used Incredible...take it or not?

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Dont get the incredible!There are atleast 2 rumored phones to be coming to verizon. First one is the HTC Scorpion with a 1.5ghz processor, and the Moto Droid Pro with a 2ghz processor. Both of them very well might have 4.3" screens too! :)

NVash

Reaction score
My keypad is coming loose but thats about the only problem Ive had. The two times I had to wipe it were probably my own doing from a faulty app.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Dont get the incredible!There are atleast 2 rumored phones to be coming to verizon. First one is the HTC Scorpion with a 1.5ghz processor, and the Moto Droid Pro with a 2ghz processor. Both of them very well might have 4.3" screens too! :)

Ugh.
No offense, but I hate it when people say, "wait for so and so phone to come out, it'll much better..."

There will ALWAYS be a better phone right around the corner. If you keep waiting for a better phone, you'll never get one. If you want/need a phone, pick the latest and greatest and get it. You can always get the latest and greatest again the next time you get a phone.

And to the guy who started the thread, it sounds like you are getting refurbished phones that were never really fixed or still had issues.
That's a shame, because overall the Droid is a great phone that is very well built.
I have a Droid2 and it's solid as hell. It just feels like a quality device. I love it.

And the iPhone isn't exempt from hardware/software issues. Quite the contrary, they have a lot of issues, including the infamous poor antenna placement that causes dropped calls when you are holding it normally...and this can't be fixed without a hardware redesign.

If you go to Google and type in, "my iphone is", Google will try to finish your search by adding on the most popular phrases starting with "my iphone is...". And Google doesn't give you, "great, awesome, never breaks, indestructible,"...they offer up "frozen, slow, really slow, stuck on the apple logo, etc."

There's also this:
Problems with my iphone? - Yahoo! Answers

And of course this:
IPhone Problems

The iPhone is far from perfect and has a lot of issues. So if you switch to an iPhone, you're not guaranteed a perfect phone. And honestly, with an iPhone, the only thing you are guaranteed at getting is a phone that will definitely lose reception if you hold it a certain way. Why anyone would buy a phone with that being a well known issue on every single phone is beyond me. Isn't a phone supposed to be able to make calls?

darkmatter

Reaction score
I've had my droid since the day it launched. Have never had problems with it, until FROYO. after the update it has become sluggish, and I often have to wait near a full minute after going to the home screen for any icons to appear. I'm one of those that likes to keep things as they were meant to be, but I'm about to the point of rooting this thing, lol.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I've had my droid since the day it launched. Have never had problems with it, until FROYO. after the update it has become sluggish, and I often have to wait near a full minute after going to the home screen for any icons to appear. I'm one of those that likes to keep things as they were meant to be, but I'm about to the point of rooting this thing, lol.

This may or may not be similar your issue, but when I had my G1 it was great for a while but then became sluggish going back to the home screen and sometimes took 10-20 seconds for icons to appear on the home screen and a few more seconds for anything to be clickable on the home screen.
This only happened when going from, say, the browser or within an app and then back to the home screen.

The Fix: I uninstalled a bunch of apps and the speed of my phone increased dramatically and I no longer had the phone go sluggish when going back to the home screen.

If you have a task killer or anti-virus installed...uninstall them, you don't need them and they can adversely effect performance.

bake3020

Reaction score
Keep pushing man, keep pushing. A friend did the same thing and they
finally upgraded to the next level. He had a droid 1 and got a new
droid 2 outta the deal. Keep pushing, keep pushing.

Reaction score
Tell them you want something with at least the same screen size. Ask them if they can get you a D2 or a DX. If the customer service rep won't help you, get a supervisor back on the line.

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
shot i'll jump in and say that i'm still on my first Droid since the day i got and haven't encountered any major problems...

all little problems that i encountered were fixed, from small updates or installin a ROM.

i'm guessin i'm lucky to have gotten a device that hasn't given me a headache..

not all devices are bad...i'm just saying..

mikepd

Reaction score
My wife got her stock Droid in 2009 and has had no issues with it at all and I have had my decidedly non-stock Droid X for almost 3 months with no issues either except those that were due to my 'experimenting' with the limits of the phone's capabilities and those were easily fixed.

The DX is a worthy successor to the Droid but whatever phone you get I hope you have considerably better fortune with it. Six phones is just too much for a device which is now something of a necessity in today's world.