Showing contacts ONLY with phone numbers

guod

Reaction score
I have had the droid X for about a month and cannot figure out how to ONLY show contacts with phone numbers. My Original droid would show contacts with phone numbers, but the Droid X seems like it will either show Google contacts, facebook contacts or all. I cant select ALL groups and get only the ones with phone numbers. Any ideas?

bigdog9586

Reaction score
I have had the droid X for about a month and cannot figure out how to ONLY show contacts with phone numbers. My Original droid would show contacts with phone numbers, but the Droid X seems like it will either show Google contacts, facebook contacts or all. I cant select ALL groups and get only the ones with phone numbers. Any ideas?
I just click on the contacts and right near the top it says Contacts: ALL CONTACTS. When you touch it you have the option of changing it when the window opens. Choose Phone Contacts. Don't know if this stays this way all the time but at least it lets you change it pretty fast.

OP
G

guod

Reaction score
It shows that I have no phone contact when I do that...

memnv

Reaction score
instead of hitting the contacts icon, hit the phone icon and go to contacts on there, it should show only phone contacts

OP
G

guod

Reaction score
Ohh. Do how do I get that list on the contact button

memnv

Reaction score
not sure about that, I hate how when you add myspace or facebook it adds all of those contacts though, had to remove myspace, it gave me 1000's of contacts

OP
G

guod

Reaction score
yea..it is very frustrating..do you guys know if this is the case in 2.2

bigdog9586

Reaction score
instead of hitting the contacts icon, hit the phone icon and go to contacts on there, it should show only phone contacts
On mine once I did what I posted above it doesn't matter if I hit the phone icon the siloette to the right of the phone or go into where all icons are and tap the contacts there. It still gives me just the phone icons. The silouette to the right of the home screen and the contacts you tap on in the icons list all give me the option of changing what shows for contacts. Doing as you suggest touching the phone icon on the home screen does NOT give me any option. On the orginal poster he says he don't have the option to change. I wonder why.