Should I wait?

guma822

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I'm new with Droids. I actually don't have a droid yet but I am planning to get one. I almost went down to Best Buy the other day to upgrade my phone to a Motorola Droid. But then I got to thinking, I heard a rumor that the Motorola Droid 2 might be announced or released relatively soon, like within the next month. Not sure how true this is.

Now I am torn whether or not I should just get the Droid now or wait a month just to see if there's even an announcement on the Droid 2. What should I go for??

The conditions for me is that there MUST be a keyboard on the phone. I've used the crappy iphone touchscreen keyboard and I hate it. I need a physical keyboard. That also leaves out the HTC Droid Incredible. Also obviously it must be a verizon phone, which leaves out the Nexus One.

Thanks guys, any info, insight, or recommendations are very helpful.

V

verian

I don't think there is a hard release on the Droid 2 yet. Otherwise I would say wait. But who knows how long it could be. Droid will not let you down.

OP
G

guma822

Reaction score
well I got people telling me to just get the droid 1, but according to the poll I created at the top, its telling me to wait for the droid 2.

WHAT SHOULD I DO!!! lol

tsnstuff

Reaction score
Have you trully tried with the on-screen keyboard? I used to think that way until I noticed How smart the phones are at figuring out exactly what I'm trying to type even if a lot of the keys didn't quite hit the right letter.

Personally I type a lot faster with the on-screen keyboard. But I have pretty fat fingers.

But anyway, I'd say go for the droid. Who knows when they'll announce anything.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
G

guma822

Reaction score
i did just watch a video on the swype app, it looks interesting. but im damn sure i want a keyboard. i also plan to put on some like nes emulators, i wouldnt see any better way of playing them.

also i see a lot of people talking about overclocking the droid. is it worth it? and is it relatively easy to do? ive done overclocking on a pc b4 but not a phone.

tsnstuff

Reaction score
If I was able to do it its simple.

Seriously though this site and its great users have all the resources you'll need. There is plenty of tutorials for rooting the phone and anything You may need after.

As for overclocking, I've been running mine at 1ghz for a while and all has been great.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
G

guma822

Reaction score
alright then i might just go with the droid 1. if i can just overclock it, is the droid 2 really any much better? if they both have the same OS and prob the CPU speed, then whats the big deal other than a new keyboard, camera, and maybe a slightly bigger screen

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Uh no, that hasn't been said, the phone that is running MotoBlur is the Motorola Shadow/Xtreme.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i say droid 2. it will obviously be better, will have better everything specs (EVERYTHING). will be faster. and everything will be better. i guess i'm saying this just because im locked into my droid and all these new phones are so amazing, droid 1 was a first gen device, and has some first gen problems