Should i update to JB now or later?

Jdt283

Reaction score
So im deciding if i should update to android 4.1 now, because i really want to get those awesome new features, or later because some people have said that there are some bugs and i should wait for the official OTA zip file. what are your suggestions?

rjcapp

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the big boyz to customize JB.

The ICS ROMs available are pretty awesome for now.

Last edited:

Durandgir

Reaction score
So im deciding if i should update to android 4.1 now, because i really want to get those awesome new features, or later because some people have said that there are some bugs and i should wait for the official OTA zip file. what are your suggestions?

Personally i'm waiting for source to drop. I don't undersand why people want to run a port of a GSM build, it's as bad as running an SDK build.

clowe

Reaction score
Flash player isn't going to work for jb as just announced today. So if u love to use flash player, u gonna be screwed. Just thought u should know.

Sent from my DROID4 using Droid Forums

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Flash player isn't going to work for jb as just announced today. So if u love to use flash player, u gonna be screwed. Just thought u should know.

It's not that it won't work, it's that adobe won't support it on JB. And that they're going to pull it from the market for people running JB soon.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score

Flash is on the verge of being outdated and obsolete anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Flash is on the verge of being outdated and obsolete anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

True. Everyone is going/using HTML5 now.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Sorry to hijack your thread, but in answer to your question: if you are wanting a custom JB ROM, go for it. But, if you're wanting it completely stock, then you should wait. It's as simple as that. If there ARE bugs, ROM Devs might be able to squash them before the official OTA drops, anyway.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would flash it now but that is just me enjoying an unlocked and rooted device and playing with the latest and greatest. Now there are some risks do please back up your music, and important data (tinu folder, pics) on your computer first just in case.

OP
Jdt283

Jdt283

Reaction score
Alright so say I flash it now, but another ROM comes up (ex. AOKP, OTA, CM9, etc.) I would probably have to wipe everything again right? Or would I just flash it over?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright so say I flash it now, but another ROM comes up (ex. AOKP, OTA, CM9, etc.) I would probably have to wipe everything again right? Or would I just flash it over?

There won't be an AOKP JB, OTA, or new CM JB release for at least a few weeks. The OTA is scheduled to go out to GSM Nexus owners sometime in mid July (which means we CDMA users won't see it until even later most likely. Once the GSM OTA is out, Google will release the source code so the devs can begin fully modifying the ROMs. AOKP and CM ONLY build from source so there won't be any JB releases from them until source is out.

Once they do release a JB ROM or the OTA comes however, you will most certainly have to wipe if you flash a ROM or return to stock 4.0.4 if you want the OTA.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
So far the latest versions of the ports seem to be fine IMO ... Definately a daily driver if you are into it. But to think we'll get it OTA from VZ ... you're looking at May2013 if at all ... :) So screw them! Get it now, you can always reflash to get the official.

Durandgir

Reaction score
RW-1 said:
So far the latest versions of the ports seem to be fine IMO ... Definately a daily driver if you are into it. But to think we'll get it OTA from VZ ... you're looking at May2013 if at all ... :) So screw them! Get it now, you can always reflash to get the official.

Or you could wait for source to drop in a few weeks since source normally drops around the time a Nexus gets an OTA.

OP
Jdt283

Jdt283

Reaction score
Alright so i did some research on this and other sites and from what i've seen, the most stable and usable ROMs with little bugs and issues, is Vanirbean (JD's rom) and Jelly Belly. In your opinion, which of these two are the best to use? Or are there others that work just as well?