Setup Wizard Force Closing

KeithR

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm dled the froyo .7 sapphire rom for the droid with the smoked glass theme and the p3 lv kernel. Everything installed sucessfully and the phone rebooted. Once rebooted I was prompted to do the setup wizard thing, however it would not let press anything because it immediately force closed and kept force closing I had to do a hard battery pull and loaded a backup. anybody have ideas?

Thanks,

keith

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm...odd error.

What's the max clock frequency of the kernel you're using?

Perhaps try a standard voltage kernel?

If it still doesn't work, try re-downloading, wipe everything, and re-install. You're the first I've heard of experiencing this problem.

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
Had this as well this morning...two things i did to fix this just not sure which one fixed it. I downloaded the file again directly from the links in this section, then I only installed the Rom which allowed me to set the phone up...then flashed the Gapps fix and all is fine.

OP
K

KeithR

Reaction score
Had this as well this morning...two things i did to fix this just not sure which one fixed it. I downloaded the file again directly from the links in this section, then I only installed the Rom which allowed me to set the phone up...then flashed the Gapps fix and all is fine.

Alright thank you I will try this tonight. I have a feeling it might have something to do with the gapps fix like you said.

Keith

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
pdroid I thought kernels as well this morning even though I have run 1.25's before on other Rom's, when 4 others failed at the same point I started to realize that's not it. It was the message about the Setup Wizard that got me thinking about the Gapps fix since the phone wasn't boot looping just not allowing you to log in.

Hope this works for you Keith, I would download the files to your PC though and transfer them to your phone...and make sure to wipe.

Last edited:
OP
K

KeithR

Reaction score
I did what you said and it worked. running fine. thanks.:)

jahope22

Reaction score
This has happenend to me also can anyone explain to me what fsbiker meant in his message i dont know how to do that

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
This has happenend to me also can anyone explain to me what fsbiker meant in his message i dont know how to do that

How did you install this Rom? If by Rom Manager try again but do not choose the Gapps fix(Google apps), you should be able to log in then. You can then get the Gapps file from the original post about the Sapphire Rom here and download/install it http://www.sapphire.davekover.com/fi...fix-update.zip

welterbf123

Reaction score
I've had the same issue but the fix above has not helped. Here's the procedure I'm using:

Wipe/factory reset x2
Wipe cache x2
Install the stock theme Saphire rom that I downloaded from Saphire's website.

When it finishes and reboots, I get a force close of the setup wizard repeatedly and am forced to reinstall from backup. I've tried the blue glass version with the same result. I have not installed anything else but the ROM so it's using the stock kernal.

Last edited: