settings not responding

apl3

Reaction score
When I click settings/data usage in my phone I always get settings not responding or wait message. I am trying to turn off data usage or see how much data i am using. Sometimes the phone does not respond when I click dialer etc. I have called Verizon they have never heard of this my only option is to try a factory reset. Anyone ever heard of this problem?

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Have you tried turning it off a few min. then back on? Then try putting it in safe mode and see if that makes it work. If it works in safe mode then you have a App. causing the problem that you have installed.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have never heard of either of those issues personally. Have you tried running the phone in Safe Mode? Tap the power button like you are going to turn it off. Then long press the Power Off message and you will see the "Reboot To Safe Mode" question. Select OK (or Yes whichever it is). In Safe Mode no Play Store (3rd Party) apps will run, only the apps that came pre-installed will run. If the issues still exist, a FDR is probably your only option. If the issues go away, then a Play Store app is probably causing the issues. Then the hunt to find the bad app begins.

OP
A

apl3

Reaction score
This it whats really weird i can go into that menu once from safe mode but after that it freezes even though i am in safe mode. Thing is I am beyond manufacturers warrenty although i do have square trade warrenty.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If it freezes in Safe Mode, I would back up all my pics, files, music, etc somewhere (cloud storage, personal laptop, etc.) and do a FDR. Before the FDR turn off the Back up my data setting in Settings > backup & Restore. Then download new apps only one or two at a time and see how the phone behaves. Then if the issue starts again you know which app corrupted the phone. Just my opinion, but that's what I would do. If you do file a warranty claim, they almost always ask if you have already tried that...in my experience.