Settings App Tab Default?

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just got my new LG G4, and I can't seem to find how to make my Settings app a "Tabbed" view by default. When I go into the app, hit menu, then Tab View, it actually opens a separate settings app in my multitasking. I see one list view app and one tab view app for settings when i hit the bottom right square. When i close out and open settings app again, it's still at List View. Is there a way to make tabbed the default?

Also, I thought two finger pull was supposed to bring a huge thing of settings on your notification bar? I just get the same thing as if I pulled down with one finger. (Or am I confused, and this isn't an LG feature?)

Thanks!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't know why your tabbed view isn't working the way you expect. It does on mine, but there is no 2 finger full menu that I'm aware of for the G4. All the recent Samsung phones I've seen did. You can scroll the menu right to left.

OP
RyanPm40

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I don't know why your tabbed view isn't working the way you expect. It does on mine, but there is no 2 finger full menu that I'm aware of for the G4. All the recent Samsung phones I've seen did. You can scroll the menu right to left.

Huh, strange! Yeah, tabbed view opens if I hit the settings button in my notification bar, but it's always list view if I just open the settings icon i dragged over to my homescreen. It's almost like the app icon for it is just a shortcut to list view. I did get an update as soon as I got the phone.. wondering if something in that broke things?

Also, I'm noticing when I unlock my phone, I can't tap an app on my homescreen right away; I have to actually wait for the "home, back, multitask" button row's animation to complete. Has anybody else noticed this and know of a solution? I tend to be really speedy with typing and tapping things. I'd rather just have my home buttons be there IMMEDIATELY when i unlock, without any pretty animation of them coming up from the bottom.

Last edited:
OP
RyanPm40

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Example video of unlock lag:

Would you say this is normal or abnormal behavior?

OP
RyanPm40

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Yeah idk, this still seems to happen if no apps are running :\. It's been happening since I got it yesterday. Pretty disappointed, I've been getting the missed taps users have talked about and keyboard lag- looks like thats $35 lost for the restocking fee if I want to return it, on top of what I already spent on the case and protector >_<

EDIT

Strangely, I just noticed this lag doesn't appear when using a PIN to unlock. Only when swiping. Weird... almost like the unlock animation causes a delay, like the phone has to wait for the bubble effect to be completely gone before starting the animation on the lower buttons? I also noticed that it's just as slow, if not slower, when booted into Safe Mode.

Last edited: