Setting vibrate to text messasges?

Ahism

Reaction score
It seems that when I set my Droid on vibrate it only vibrates when I am called. Is it possible for it to vibrate when I recieve texts?

droider4life

Reaction score
go into messaging home page then hit settings, scroll all the way to the bottom and enable VIBRATE (also vibrate when notified) check that box then ur set...

Reaction score
When you make that change, have a friend text you and make sure that it works. A few of the early Droids (mine being one of them) had an issue where the vibrate refused to work on text receive. Exchanged my Droid with Verizon and it works beautifully now.

droider4life

Reaction score
An app u may be interested in is Missed Reminder... It allows u to adjust the vibration to hard or soft when it reminds u that u missed a text... there is also alot of other cool features with this app and its Free :)

acetwo

Reaction score
When you make that change, have a friend text you and make sure that it works. A few of the early Droids (mine being one of them) had an issue where the vibrate refused to work on text receive. Exchanged my Droid with Verizon and it works beautifully now.

when i change the setting, my droid vibrates when it receives a text with its normal text message ringtone so basically ring + vibrate for texts

i just want it to vibrate when it receive texts..

when i set my phone to vibreate only, it doesn't vibrate when i receive a text

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Missed Call also lets you get more specific, even what vibration type you want. It even lets you change the LED color :D

droider4life

Reaction score
Acetwo.. Just turn your text ringtone to none and leave the vibrate on.... then the phone is normal and text only vibrates...