Setting custom ringtones for callers

mitchb2

Reaction score
I have different ringtones set for people I know. On the Droid 1 I would just edit the contact and assign the ringtone.

I do the same thing on the TB, but no matter what it plays the global ringtone regardless of who calls.

Is there an additional setting somewhere to tell the phone to play the custom ringtones?

Beardface

Reaction score
I have different ringtones set for people I know. On the Droid 1 I would just edit the contact and assign the ringtone.

I do the same thing on the TB, but no matter what it plays the global ringtone regardless of who calls.

Is there an additional setting somewhere to tell the phone to play the custom ringtones?
Just give it time. I had the same problem, and it eventually started playing the other tones.

Perhaps I would suggest a reboot?

Viper Daimao

Reaction score
I had it playing the custom tone for awhile and then it went back to the global ring tone.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I have something similar in that I have a separate notification sound for vm but it always plays the default notification but my gmail and sms alerts play the specific one I have set not the default one..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums