SetCPU Vs Petes V1.1 CPU script

flyguide83

Reaction score
Im using bb1.1 with bekit 800 with setcpu uninstalled.. in the car dock with maps running my temps hold right around 120*F.. higher than I like but not hurting anything. Stay the same even if I'm running music or Pandora..

Phxphenom

Reaction score
OK what the heck,......just installed the 1.2ghz LV over the previous 1.0ghz...Mflops zoomed up to 9.5 from 7.9 or so and temp is about 102F while running maps....Will keep an eye and report back.....

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK what the heck,......just installed the 1.2ghz LV over the previous 1.0ghz...Mflops zoomed up to 9.5 from 7.9 or so and temp is about 102F while running maps....Will keep an eye and report back.....

Sounds like normal behavior...are you noticing issues or something?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
haha oh ok i was thrown off by you saying "what the heck" lol

Phxphenom

Reaction score
This thread has been so interesting....My other "hobby" is my MGBs and the forum website I frequent has a lot of knowlegeable owners but not to the level I see hear on Droids....

"it's just a phone" - my wife

Phxphenom

Reaction score
of course she has the other Droid and her biggest interest is getting the ring tone she wants, lol

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
my wife still has an old nokia on a prepaid tmobile plan and leaves it in the car most of the time

AzJazz

Reaction score
Not sure what's going on here but there is no need to remove any of those lines in my script to use setcpu. My script does not cause any issues with setcpu. If you choose to use setcpu it will still work perfectly with the script as is.

Hi, Pete!

FWIW, I have a lot of problems running SetCPU on BBv1.1 on the 1.0 GHZ Kernel.

SetCPU with profiles set up will randomly show (and then lock on) 384 MHz. I can only get back to 1.0 GHz by resetting the Droid. In addition, I have had times where with SetCPU running, I will feel the battery getting hot when the phone is not under any load - I need to reset the phone to get the battery down to more normal temperature.

I have also seen BBv1.1 get the battery very hot under no load with SetCPU uninstalled. This sometimes happens just after the phone boots.

I didn't see any of these issues with BBv1.0

Thanks,

AzJazz

Smeech

Reaction score
Not sure what's going on here but there is no need to remove any of those lines in my script to use setcpu. My script does not cause any issues with setcpu. If you choose to use setcpu it will still work perfectly with the script as is.

Hi, Pete!

FWIW, I have a lot of problems running SetCPU on BBv1.1 on the 1.0 GHZ Kernel.

SetCPU with profiles set up will randomly show (and then lock on) 384 MHz. I can only get back to 1.0 GHz by resetting the Droid. In addition, I have had times where with SetCPU running, I will feel the battery getting hot when the phone is not under any load - I need to reset the phone to get the battery down to more normal temperature.

I have also seen BBv1.1 get the battery very hot under no load with SetCPU uninstalled. This sometimes happens just after the phone boots.

I didn't see any of these issues with BBv1.0

Thanks,

AzJazz

I'm trying out setcpu just to see the difference and ran into the same thing. However, if you adjust the main slider in setCPU you'll get the 1000 max back, I haven't had to reset.

AzJazz

Reaction score
I'm trying out setcpu just to see the difference and ran into the same thing. However, if you adjust the main slider in setCPU you'll get the 1000 max back, I haven't had to reset.

Thanks for the info, Smeech ... But we shouldn't have to do that, either. At least I won't have to reset as often. However, I have uninstalled SetCPU for now, and am planning on going back to BBv1.0 in the next day or two.

Azjazz....Are you in Phoenix by chance?

By chance ... Yep!

Last edited: