SetCPU Question

wiredout46

Reaction score
i reinstalled setcpu, have all profiles on and configured and it's working fine.

beneharris

Reaction score
i am having this problem now too.

i rebooted the phone, and before that it was running fine at 800mhz. but now i can't get anything to go above 600. ive tried all the suggestions, rebooting, deselecting profiles, and nohting. ive also uninstalled and reinstalled the app

M

Matth3w

If you are running the sholes I don't think it will go over 600. Read the whole thread.

beneharris

Reaction score
im not using sholes though. im using bugless beast

and i HAD it at 800. i just rebooted the phone, and it changed to 600, and now won't go above that

alm0614

Reaction score
what profile settings do you guys use to maintain good battery life..it seems to me when its on sleep it should never need to be over 250Mhz..any tips.

M

Matth3w

most people use 250/250 on sleep but it lags a bit when you bring it out of sleep at that setting, so i have mine set for stock while in sleep...250/550

roberj13

Reaction score
Yeah I had it set to 250MHz when sleeping, it seemed ok, and seemed like I might be getting better battery life (obv). I bumped it back up to 550 though, because sometimes when some one would call me, the ringer would go off and my screen wouldn't show who's calling me for a second or so, then animation of the slider would be kinda jaggy. I have a charging cord at home, in the car, and in the office, so don't ever really need to worry about battery life...lol

beneharris

Reaction score
so i reapplied the update package, and that solved the problem.

just a fyi for anyone else having trouble

mrnelson86

Reaction score
Some issues could have been (from the original OP) that you skipped from 0.7.2 to 0.7.4, skipping 0.7.3. If reinstalling 0.7.4 doesn't work I would try doing 0.7.3 followed by 0.7.4 again

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
i clicked autodetect and it just has a black screen? How long does it take to detect?

Close out of it and reopen it...but I don't think it ever did that to me? Was this the first time running SetCPU?

tu3218

Reaction score
i clicked autodetect and it just has a black screen? How long does it take to detect?

Close out of it and reopen it...but I don't think it ever did that to me? Was this the first time running SetCPU?

yeah I closed out a couple times an then it worked. So when I have it set to max of 800mhz an min of 250mhz. So does that mean when I'm using its operating at 800 and when my screen is off not using it, its at 250mhz? And should I check "set to boot"

mach330

Reaction score
is there a setcpu app that can set it to 600mhz? setCpu only does 550 then 800. I wanted to try something in between. am i doing something wrong?

dawgcasa

Reaction score
Tried all that, no success

Tried selecting Droid, then auto detect, tried getting out then back in. Tried rebooting. Still 550 is my max.

Running latest Sholes update and SetCPU 1.4.6.