SetCPU on Sapphire

jimmiet

Reaction score
After a reboot, SetCPU reverts to 1000 Max and 125 Min no matter what I set it at. (i.e. 900 Max 400 Min) Also, what are people changing, if anything, on the advanced options on Sapphire?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Found this on the developers wiki
Overclocking your phone can be dangerous and is guaranteed to increase the likelyhood that it will become unstable. If you are experiencing random hard-reboots or force-closes, consider trying a kernel either with a higher voltage, or a lower clock speed. I personally recommend kernel 7x1000LV that is included, as it provides good speed with good stability, and longer battery life.

So unless you install a different kernel you max is 1000.

Mike

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
First, did you hit set on boot? I know Sapphire automatically starts overclocking on boot, so it could be overriding it.

BlooS

Reaction score
I think he means the min clock speed. I also tried to set it at 400 and after every reboot it went down to 125 until I went into SetCPU again. I think it's because superuser isn't allowing it root access until you open up SetCPU.

OP
jimmiet

jimmiet

Reaction score
I think he means the min clock speed. I also tried to set it at 400 and after every reboot it went down to 125 until I went into SetCPU again. I think it's because superuser isn't allowing it root access until you open up SetCPU.

Ur correct. I tried going back to Superuser 2.1 and that didnt help either...not a huge issue really just trying to fix. And Tank, yes I clicked on set at boot.

OP
jimmiet

jimmiet

Reaction score
Just an update...after downgrading to SuperUser 2.1...and a couple of reboots, SetCPU is working fine. Thanks for all ur help everyone!

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Reposting superuser 2.1 mediafire link

here's an SU/"root" fix:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nn1tqg1jtzg

it's the older SU.apk the new one seems slow and won't grant setcpu on boot. install this from recovery. you'll have to re-approve all your apps again.

thanks to PDR447 over in koush's forum for this

Quantify

Reaction score
Not to rain on anyone's parade here...but my SetCPU is working fine with Superuser 2.2.2. I'm using the Gala_S theme from .7.0 (works great on 0.8.4).

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not to rain on anyone's parade here...but my SetCPU is working fine with Superuser 2.2.2. I'm using the Gala_S theme from .7.0 (works great on 0.8.4).

I'm glad that it is - but others are having issues that can be alleviated by going back to v2.1.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im not having that issue, but I am using P3 kernels that is for the froyo rom. It works good for me, and since my phone does not respond to well to 125 I was not gonna try the kernels especially made for sapphire.
May be because I have a different kernel and have it set on boot as 1100 it stays there unless my profiles override it.

OP
jimmiet

jimmiet

Reaction score
It may be P3's sapphire kernals not working with Superuser 2.2 or vice-versa but either way, all you gotta do is switch to superuser 2.1 and it's good to go.

elwood1229

Reaction score
Again, I am relatively new to all of this. This may not be the best forum to ask this, but since I am using Sapphire I thought I would try. Anyway, I am running Sapphire 0.8.4 with whatever came with it. I did download SetCPU 2.0.1 in an attempt to improve battery performance. Thus far, I am not noticing a great deal of difference. Battery performance may even be worse. As a result, my question is if I should decide to uninstall SetCPU will everything return to the "default" settings as far as the rom is concerned? Or will some of the changes remain in effect? Essentially, if I uninstall SetCPU I want to get things back to the original settings. I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help!

Elwood

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Again, I am relatively new to all of this. This may not be the best forum to ask this, but since I am using Sapphire I thought I would try. Anyway, I am running Sapphire 0.8.4 with whatever came with it. I did download SetCPU 2.0.1 in an attempt to improve battery performance. Thus far, I am not noticing a great deal of difference. Battery performance may even be worse. As a result, my question is if I should decide to uninstall SetCPU will everything return to the "default" settings as far as the rom is concerned? Or will some of the changes remain in effect? Essentially, if I uninstall SetCPU I want to get things back to the original settings. I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help!

Elwood

You can uninstall SetCPU and reboot, and kernel parameters will be "default" (125 min/1000 max, on demand goverrnor).

elwood1229

Reaction score
Thanks for the response--it is good to know! Do many people find an app like SetCPU helpful for Sapphire? Or does the rom manage power use better on its own?

Elwood